1,233 results
All reviews merchant city studio apartment maggie mays a small kitchen area albion street kitchen facilities these apartments parking garage dvd player noise from the street self catering bars and restaurants continental breakfast sitting area first floor central location nice bathroom
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Fraser is centrally located giving you ready access to city highlights. I was surprised at the size of the suite compared to others around Europe. You have your own lounge room and separate bedroom. Plenty of space to relax after a day touring.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Frasers Hospitality
Nick F, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Hi dwhite766061

Thank you for your 5 star review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Fraser Suites Glasgow. We are proud to be able to provide apartments that are at least 50% larger than standard hotel rooms allowing you the space and comfort to relax in your surroundings.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here last weekend as we were attending a wedding in Glasgow. The apartment was excellent; clean, stylish roomy and modern, and great value for money.
The hotel is right in the heart of the Merchant City with access to plenty of good bars and restaurants, and is a great location for getting to other parts of the city centre.
The continental breakfast was good with plenty of choice and there is a residents gym at your disposal.
The staff were very friendly and helpful too.
The only minus, as mentioned elsewhere, was the noise. The thump thump thump of music from the nearby bars got somewhat wearing so I’d suggest trying to get a room on a higher floor or at the back if possible. Still, that’s Glasgow on a Friday and Saturday night I suppose. The city is buzzing.
But apart from the noise issue the Fraser Suites is a great place to stay and was excellent value.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Alan126

I am sorry to hear that your stay was slightly marred by issues surrounding noise from the nearby bars, but am comforted in the fact that you found the apartments and breakfast set-up to your liking and that our helpful reception team provided that friendly welcome and interaction that Glasgow is famed for.

I do look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We were staying here due to World Pipe Band Championship. Rooms were lovely and exactly what we were looking for - located very close to Glasgow Green. BUT we were in room 119 which was directly above the Brazilian Bar and the noise was horrific - it went onto 3am and it was constant!!. We booked our room about a year previously and was so disappointed. I would recommend for the location but certainly not for the peace and quiet!. If you are staying here, ask for a upper level room and overlooking the multi storey. Breakfast was lovely - and the staff were very helpful - couldn't move our room because they were fully booked due to "Worlds". Would I stay again ..... jury is out on that one!!!

Stayed: August 2018

Hi hhawk2

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at Fraser Suites Glasgow during the World Pipe Band Championships.

I am sorry that you left disappointed due to the noise issues surrounding the room you were in, and I can only apologise that we were not able to rectify this during your stay due to the events in the city that weekend. I do hope that we get to welcome you back next year for the championships and please do not hesitate to contact us in advance of your stay so we can allocate amore suitable apartment for you.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Booked in Saturday afternoon - very impressed with the location - middle of the Merchant City, lively bars/restaurants - and a tesco express! The accommodation was excellent - very high quality - and the staff couldn't have been friendlier (I phoned down for shampoo - it was delivered, I then needed toothpaste - it was delivered also...with a toothbrush - no charge for this. Breakfast - continental - offered a wide range of freshly baked quoissants/fresh fruit/cereals.
Never knew it existed until my partner recommended - and the cost was the most competitive we could find online at shortish notice.
Highly recommended

Room Tip: A top floor room would be a great option
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Nick F, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Hi Frank K

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Fraser Suites Glasgow.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the team to be friendly and helpful, and am equally pleased that we were able to assist with extra amenities as required.

I look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the city.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Looking at some of the other recent critical reviews of the Glasgow Fraser Suites, I find myself scratching my head and wondering if we are talking about the same place.

The building itself is very old, but the rooms have been completely modernized and are extremely large and well equipped. All the amenities are there, including a full kitchen if you wish to avail yourself of cooking opportunities. We did not do so, but appreciated the features.

Another lovely and quite unexpected feature was the provision of free laundry services in the basement area. That came in handy since we were stopping there as part of a long trek through the United Kingdom. We were also pleased by the service we received from the hotel staff, who are perhaps the friendliest of any we encountered anywhere. Bravo to the hotel manager.

There was only one negative. As I mentioned, the bones of the building are quite old, and we were able to hear a lot of creaking from the floor upstairs in our initial room. We requested a new room from the hotel staff, and they were extremely happy to cooperate to satisfy our needs. We would return to this hotel in a heartbeat.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi James S

Thank you for your 5 star review following your stay at Fraser Suites and we are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable visit. We work hard to provide a gold standard of service both in terms of the apartments and from our team, so this feedback is very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back again next time you visit Glasgow.