1,285 results
All reviews old fashioned lift art house cage lift enviable room bath street original features central location q park lovely hotel junior suite car park comfortable bed street noise full scottish breakfast breakfast was excellent stayed here for two nights sauchiehall street
Reviewed 15 June 2018

We were staying for an away day. We found the rooms noisy at the front of hotel, the seal in the window was gone in one of the rooms, the bathrooms were very small. The service was helpful, but not proactive and the food on day 2 did not meet expectations.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
David M, General Manager at ABode Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for your review, I am aware that my Operations Manager, Laura Brennan has been in touch with you by email to respond directly to your comments. My maintenance team have repaired the seal on the window and I apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Many Thanks,

David

Reviewed 14 June 2018

The bed whilst very big was quite uncomfortable and had lumps in it. The room looked fresh and quite recently decorated but had a horrible looking yellow'y air conditioning on the wall (from the 80s). The rooms was always very warm even though it was only upto about 20C out side. Staying on our wedding night you might have expected a complementary bottle of something to celebrate from a supposed 4 star hotel but nothing. Coffee machine in room in a poor state or repair and same for other facilities such as iron. Breakfast was passable but nothing special and the service was poor. Having to ask multiple times for items already ordered to actually turn up. Would not recommend for the money, apart from some of decor and the style of building its more of a 2* hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sebastian,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our in-house guest survey and your recent TripAdvisor review. I was disappointed to read your review following your stay with us.

My colleague Laura Brennan, Operations Manager has responded to your survey and asked that you could contact her to discuss your feedback. I appreciate the candour of your review and I apologise that you felt it was poor value for money. When I prepared the arrivals I did highlight your wedding evening on the Sunday to my team and as previously mentioned we will look into why you did not receive the card that I personally wrote for your big day.

Our rooms have been refurbished and unfortunately we did not replace the full A/C units in the hotel at this time, I can assure you these are not from the 1980's and the colour mesa/mushroom taupe was chosen specifically to compliment the colour of our bedrooms I apologise if this was not to your personal taste.

I will discuss the content in depth with my Housekeeping Manager to ensure the iron board is addressed immediately.

As previously mentioned Laura or myself would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay personally.

Kind Regards,

David

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Stayed at the Abode for 3 nights in June. Well located hotel for the main sights, room clean and good breakfast. On the whole we enjoyed our stay and the building is lovely. There were some service issues - e.g. water not refreshed in room at all during the stay; problems with one particular staff member responsible for tea/coffee at breakfast simply not delivering orders; and reception not able to tell us where the nearest bus stop was to get to the museums. Staff on reception and in the breakfast room and bar seemed generally very young and lacking in management/direction - it seemed to us that a bit of effective leadership would do wonders to improve this place.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Spent two night at the ABode which is an old hotel very well located in the city center. The hotel is close to the hop on hop off bus and several eating establishments in the area. The rooms are nice but small. Beds are comfy, we had two twins made into a king. The staff is very friendly and very helpful when asking about taxis and buses. They arranged an early morning taxi to the airport for us as well as a taxi to the Ed Sherran concert. Breakfast was ok. Service was very slow and non existent at times. On the second day we didn't even get waited upon. There was a tour bus group all being served taking up their time, but we were never approached regarding coffee or what we wanted to eat. We ended up with the continental breakfast which was fine, but would have liked to have had some coffee or tea with our meal.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying in one of the best rooms of the ABode (123) and enjoyed a true Glasgow experience: grand and classy. On the positive side: beautiful, large, old-fashioned (in a good way) room with all amenities. Great location (10-minute walk to central station, bus terminal, shopping area; shops and restaurants in immediate vicinity). On the negative: poor wifi signal, slow service in restaurant, many waiters there seem to be too hip & cool to actually serve customers. A functional stay for business travelers, a great choice of you want to visit and enjoy the city of Glasgow.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business