1,194 results
All reviews george square rooms are small would stay here again excellent location queen st bit dated short stay reception staff twin room buffet style stayed one night bars and restaurants the heart of the city couple of nights weekend break visiting glasgow cooked breakfast
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Having stayed a couple Mercures before, I decided to upgrade to the privilege room and it is definitely worth it! Bed was comfortable in the decor was cosy and nice!

Had a few problems checking in and had to wait in reception for ages to get our room key. Also when I got to the room I had a shower, with the door closed, opened the door and im fairly certain a whiff of steam from the shower set off the fire alarm so I was totally mortified, I ended up having cold showers the rest of my stay to avoid setting off the alarm! Also the rooms could do with AC or a fan or anything, it was boiling!

All in all had an OK stay, room was nice and Mario at the front desk was lovely and tried to help as much as he could! Location and parking was fab and would probably stay here again

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2015

Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I am sorry for any issues you experienced during your stay. Please be assured that your room was not the cause of the fire alarm actuation. Unfortunately, the hotel does not have air conditioning however, we can provide fans if required.

Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

So those two bits are the most important. Room was quiet until the neighbors started slamming their doors the one morning we decided to sleep in, but what hotel doesn't have that problem? Staff was friendly and helpful, all necessities covered, blackout curtains, etc. Carpets and walls (paint, mostly) were showing their age, but they were clean.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Recently stayed here in business - great locality limited parking if using the hotels own car park but there is one near by with reasonable charges. Staff friendly. Choice of meals quite good and reasonably priced or there are many restaurants near by. Rooms are clean and tidy but a little tired looking but ok for a short visit .. Good room rate as well

Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 25 May 2015

I have enjoyed my stay at your hotel and thought the standard of service was excellent. Your staff are fantastic and can't do enough to help, they are a credit to your organisation. The hotel rooms are of a very high standard and spotlessly clean with fresh towels and linen of a high standard. The beds are extremely comfortable and provide a great nights sleep. I would definitely recommend your hotel to my friends and family. Breakfast and evening meals are superb, great choice for all tastes.

Room tip: Rooms on upper floors and facing the back are quieter.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Mercure Glasgow City hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time in the hotel and in the city. Thank you for your kind comments, I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 24 May 2015

Usually Mercure brand is not that bad... Mercure Glasgow does not keep up to the standard. First the hotel is old and not well maintain. Bedroom are very very small (cannot open your suite case and walk around the bed at the same time) and you will have to share it with spiders and cockroaches... They have a party / nightclub room in the basement so you must avoid the bottom floors (I was on the second floor and could hear the music very well). Then they moved me up on an higher floor but then, you hear the motor of the elevators all nights..

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank EricMToronto

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that the hotel failed to meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence. The hotel itself is of an older design and as such the room sizes can vary.

I appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Glasgow City Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience. In the mean time, perhaps you would like to contact me directly to discuss your concerns further.