“NO IDEA if this is a great restaurant !”
Review of Celino’s

Celino’s
Ranked #96 of 2,314 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$12 - US$41
Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Winners of Scotland's best Cafe/Bistro Award 2012, 2013, 2014 and Best Italian Bistro 2013! A beautiful authentic Italian eatery, familay run with quality food and value for money always!
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This could be the most amazing restaurant ever but we have no idea - booked through their online booking system, turns out the system failed and they couldn't give us the table - these things happen, it's just a shame that the guy at the desk was such an utter #*&@% about it. Wee tip guys - a failure in YOUR system is not the customer's fault. Won't be back, especially after reading the other recent reviews here.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed 14 August 2021

Having been many times before we booked for brunch today on a rare Saturday off work. My husband and I were looking forward to it but sadly we left disappointed and I don’t think will ever return.
A friend had recently told us that things had went a bit downhill, but given our previous positive experiences we decided to go back anyway.
Service was incredibly poor. Whilst the staff were friendly on the whole, there was a significant difference in the way regulars were treated in comparison to us. Regulars were served faster and received a more attentive service.
We waited 20 minutes to have an order taken for drinks.
Food was okay. My husbands was far better than my Hebridean. The hollandaise sauce was so thick and there was so much much of it that I couldn’t taste anything else. A bit disappointing compared to our previous experiences.
When we requested the bill we asked to pay by card. No-one returned with the card machine for 20 minutes, and even then we had to ask again. When we asked to pay again we heard the server say to customers he knew on a table next to us “people just need to be patient” in a sarcastic tone. We felt this was aimed at us and made us feel very awkward. That same couple arrived 20 minutes after us and were served and left before us.
We were never offered any extra drinks or indeed asked if the food was okay.
Such a shame given we had always rated this wee place so highly before.

Date of visit: August 2021
2  Thank T6181MMdavida
Reviewed 24 July 2021

We have been visiting Celinos for the past five years and the food was pretty amazing so as you can imagine we were excited to return now restrictions have eased. Unfortunately, on this occasion it was not up to its usual standards. Two of us ordered prawns for starter which were pretty anaemic looking and in a watery tomato sauce. I also ordered lasagne which in all honesty I could have cooked better myself. Very overpriced meal for pretty average food.

Date of visit: July 2021
2  Thank Fifig0306
Reviewed 12 July 2021

Earlier this evening my wife and I were guests at her friend’s birthday meal. The table was booked for 5 pm. The orders were taken about 5.20. 3 or 4 of the group had a starter. It was 6.40/6.45 before the main courses appeared.
We have happily dined in Celinos many times but tonight service was unbelievably poor and the manager’s refusal to make a goodwill gesture of reducing the final bill has lost him several customers. I am not the only person in the group who will tell others about tonight. Celino’s manager’s refusal to make a goodwill gesture won’t win him any friends or new customers.

Date of visit: July 2021
3  Thank Ger1952
Reviewed 16 June 2021

comfy cosy eatery - ideal to pop in for a pasta or a coffee - with the added bonus of a great deli . I have been several times to both the Celino's restaurants -this one is closer to home so easier to get to = although parking can be tricky, if your lucky to get a space on the main street you will have to pay a meter. All your fav Italian speciality's on the menu and if you enjoy them sitting in - they are also packed as ready meals for you to take home to enjoy

Date of visit: June 2021