Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Mr

Best day out ever , fun food a pint safe great facilities exciting racing well done the staff for... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
311gerryf
Glasgow, United Kingdom
via mobile
Speedway racing

Had never been to speedway before so wasn't sure what to expect. Went with my sons and some of the... read more

Reviewed 8 October 2018
Galloway7
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Glasgow
from US$51.80
from US$8.40
from US$19.40
More Info
All reviews great family day tigers den great atmosphere whole family something for everyone ashfield riders races track riding mascot stadium motorsport excitement bikes thrill monarchs
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I have followed Glasgow Tigers Since 1972 at Hampden then Blantyre and Shawfield when it opened at Ashfield the Sunday race day was not a good day for me as I work in the Motor Trade when i heard this season was going to run some Saturday nights and some week nights i went along and the old buzz returned its a first class venue we have a good team and the management work hard to put on a good show i hope we can keep the Saturday race night and I can buy a season ticket for next year

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Recently had brunch at tigers den. The New chef is fantastic. The food is fresh and the menu has something for everyone. The chef even came to check we enjoyed our meal. Could not recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Being honest, I had never been to Speedway before and went along with a friend who had a spare ticket. It was a great night. The stadium was pretty full but the staff were friendly and very much in charge. It was great to see so many families there and there was even a footrace for the kids to keep them onboard, as well as a big cuddly mascot. There was a shop, a cafe and even one of those photograph boards that you stick your head through. Sadly a kid took unwell and everything stopped till the kid was medically seen to, firstly by onsite paramedics and then an ambulance.Glad to see priorities are right concerning health and safety, and care of spectators. The crowd was friendly and chatty, perfectly willing to explain what was what to novices like myself. I went live on facebook and it obviously revived happy memories for some of my followers. Likely to be back at some point - might even try the food.

1  Thank Peter T
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit to Glasgow speedway since the days of the Tigers at Shawfield. I’m happy to say that it hasn’t lost any of the excitement (the racing is still edge if the seat stuff) or the friendly atmosphere (brilliant family feeling with lots of kids).

It is true that the facilities may not be up to a top stadium standard but the organisers put on a fantastic event. There are dozens of stewards, all with a happy smile and guidance to get you sorted out.

The racing is right in front of your face! The track is close and you get a brilliant view from the seated area at the start tapes. The excitement from the crowd really adds to the enjoyment. A special mention for the dancers who put on a show between races and also provide info for the riders at the gates. This was very well done and looked very professional

So, some people may have rated the speedway lower and made some comments about the conditions in the stadium... Come along, overlook what isn’t perfect and just see the superb effort and support that the event has from everyone involved; riders, organisers, stewards, officials and the fans. Also, don’t forget Rory.

We will be back!

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Wow this experience blew us all away. The staff are awesome especially Ian and the speedway bikers, tiger mascot and cheerleaders... what a fabulous atmosphere! We'll be back and are definitely fans! Great food and even a wee drinkey. The kids had a race on the pitch which was so cute to see. We just can't say enough how much we enjoyed it! Thank you!

1  Thank juney d