“Family meal ”
Review of The Grove

The Grove
Ranked #350 of 2,633 Restaurants in Glasgow
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

What a great restaurant in the heart of Lenzie. I visited with my daughter and mother . The surroundings ooze class and style with a touch of vintage . On arrival my little girl was handed crayons and a menu that she could draw on so she could get Creative . The adult menu had lots of options at reasonable prices .
I went for pasta arrabiata with chicken . It was delicious with fresh ingredients .
My daughter got to make her own pizza which was a lovely touch . She could watch it being baked in the pizza oven . She also got to create her own dessert at the table .
A really novel touch that helped make lunch both exciting and interactive for her .
My mother enjoyed her meal and the portions are very generous . Post meal coffees were excellent with a biscuit at the side .

The service was very attentive and friendly . This was my second visit here but my first with my daughter . I’ll definitely be back .

TheRGroup, Manager at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear arkleford1

Thank-you for your review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to The Grove recently and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

I have visited the Grove twice now and on both times the welcome has been friendly warm and sincere. The ambience is lovely and the staff are very polite and helpful. As for the menu, it's always a great choice and the food is always gorgeously prepared and served. Highly recommended 5 stars

TheRGroup, Manager at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear The_Big_ManGlasgow

Thank-you for your review, it really means alot to us that you've taken time to give us your feedback!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2018

Table for three booked for twelve o'clock . Was quiet but from beginning to end service was terrible !!!! One of us was gluten free his only option was pasta,he and I were eventually served but third party had to ask for her meal after fifteen minutes it came ten minutes later! I have ate here several times but won't be back I think it's shocking the way gluten free people are treated in restaurants another one is Frankie & Bennys and I will review every one I come across SHAME ON THEM These are people with a disease not a fad!!!!!!

Dear mdevenny7

Thank-you for your review, we appreciate all feedback which can help us improve for the future.

We are very disappointed to hear of your experience at The Grove, it certainly does not sound like your visit was up to our usual standards, we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss further with you and kindly request you contact us at info@thegrovelenzie.com.

We take on board your feedback with regards to gluten-free options, we offer gluten free pasta and pizza bases and many of our dishes are easily adapted to suit a gluten free diet.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

The Grove had been closed for some time for renovation and looks very good for it. Friends had invited us there to celebrate an anniversary and initially I was impressed, but I was disappointed by the slow service. I had gone to the bar to order " a pint" and had to wait several minutes to be served by the lone barman as he seemed to be having problems with the lager, as he went through to the back of the bar 3 or 4 times. Eventually he seemed to have sorted the problem and came over to me, with no word of an apology for keeping me waiting. What made it worse was him asking for over £4 for a pint of IPA which I found outrageous. When the waiter arrived with menus he did not seem to be in any hurry to take our order but when we did get our food it was no more than satisfactory. I had the runny egg with black pudding which was all right. I cannot comment on the final bill as my friend paid for it as a gift. After the bother they went to renovate the place, I was rather let down.

Dear Jimcrawley55

Thank-you for your review, we are sorry that you feel disappointed in your first visit to our restaurant and assure you the issues you experienced will be looking into.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly by emailing info@thegrovelenzie.com if we can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Our first time here and we loved it. The staff were friendly & attentive. We had the Pan-Seared Breast of Duck & the Medallions of Pork Tenderloin for mains and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We'll be back soon for another meal, next time with our daughter in tow.

TheRGroup, Manager at The Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Dear Sergei M

Thank-you for taking the time to leave a review, it means alot to us! We look forward to welcoming you and the family back again soon!