“Amazing Outlander Tour”

Slainte Scotland
Ranked #7 of 27 Food & Drink in Glasgow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wonderful tours of Scotland including whisky tours, filming locations tours such as Outlander Tours, Harry Potter Tours and and history tours.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My mom and I traveled to Scotland for the first time and this was the highlight of our trip- it had come highly recommended from a friend of hers, and it lived up to all our expectations! Ross was a fantastic tour guide, extremely knowledgable, welcoming, funny, and kept the whole day interesting and moving at a good pace. He told excellent stories and facts about Outlander filming, as well as more general history of each castle and village. I also appreciated that he texted the night before to confirm the pick up location- the communication from the company in general was very good! The historical sites were a dream; we loved the mixture of guided tour and opportunity to explore on our own and take pictures. Getting to see so much of the Scottish countryside was wonderful; we loved driving from place to place and got to see much more than we would have on our own. It was broken up in a good way, as far as walking and then driving to each new location. The day went fast even though it was a very full day. I'd highly recommend the tour to Outlander fans, it makes me want to watch the show again now that we've been to so many of the locations! Definitely bring good walking shoes and a warm jacket; I feel like the could communicate better about the depth of the food for the day, it was hard to know whether to bring a full lunch or just some snacks. But the entire day was extremely lovely, interesting, and just what we hoped. Highly recommend!

2  Thank MorganSM0824
"original tour"
"filming sites"
"tour companies"
in 2 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"lots of fun"
"scottish history"
"great tour"
"helmut"
in 4 reviews
"stevens"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We recently went on an outstanding Outlander tour with Ross. Absolutely the best tour we went on during our entire trip! We had such an amazing time!! I highly recommend this tour and if you do go definitely request Ross as your guide! He is awesome and hilarious!! You will not be disappointed!!! Thanks Ross!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was an amazing tour of the Scottish Highlands! I felt like I was taken back in time to the days of Outlander! James was an incredible tour guide and was knowledgeable and friendly! Would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who loves Outlander, or who just wants to see a bit of Scotland's landscape!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A friend and i took this trip, it was fantastic, Our guide James Kennedy was really over the top he knew alot about the castles we were at, Also is he a whisky ambasador,also he has a great sense of humor, he really made it a trip worth to remmene.

1  Thank Ruben C
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I accompanied my daughter, who is a huge Outlander fan. I personally have never read the books or watched the show. James is an amazing tour guide from greeting us in Scotish kilt atire to his extensive knowlege of each castle and town we stopped at. Most of all due to his explanations of exact points where scenes were filmed in at each stop and his enthusiasm and knowledge of Outlander, he inspired me to read book one! The tour highlights and the extra attention to detail that James gives made this one of the best guided tours I have been on.