All reviews free entry night club next door cooked breakfast jacuzzi bath lovely girl pay and display sat night would stay again public car park the hotel manager lovely hotel light sleeper friday and saturday night's sleep good nights sleep town centre no lift
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We had three twin rooms for golf outing and found the rooms we got to be quite dated, small and very hot (air conditioning unit refused to work in one room and window opened onto outside AC unit so had to shut the window due to noise - was room 108). However rooms were clean, staff helpful and hotel well positioned in the town. Would stay again if in Dunfermline.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
CLGSocialMedia, General Manager at Rooms at 29 Bruce Street, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback, and great to hear that you'd come to stay again. We're in the process of updating our rooms in terms of air condition and decor, and I hope that you'll stay with us again once these works are complete.

I'm particularly pleased you found our team helpful and will be sure to pass this on to them.

Many thanks

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Booked online as needed an overnight base to put me within strike distance of Perth. What a find. Super little hotel with an amazing restaurant. We arrived quite late at 9pm as kitchen closing however we asked if we could eat, got a positive reply and were treated to some of the best food we'd tasted in a long time! Two words.... Haggis Bonbons!!! Room itself was a little on the small side with a view of a brick wall but to be fair what I needed was a comfy bed, good night's sleep and a clean bathroom and that's what I got! I wouldn't hesitate in advising others to stay here.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CLGSocialMedia, General Manager at Rooms at 29 Bruce Street, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Thank you for posting your review, I'm thrilled you enjoyed yourself and experienced the hospitality on which we pride ourselves.
I'll be sure to pass your comments along to our team.

Hope we can welcome you to Rooms at 29 again the near future!

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Read some mixed reviews for this place, not really sure why. It was clean, room was immaculate, air con worked well, shower good pressure and all the usual amenities. Didn’t use the tv as was watching things on my iPad. Room small but fine for me travelling solo. Bed was ok, nothing special but nothing horrendous either, had a good nights sleep. Staff were friendly and helpful, check in and check out was quick and easy. Public car park was free from 6pm until 8am, then prices apply. Steps up to the hotel front but not too far, had to make multiple trips due to bringing my golf clubs! All in all it was a very present stay and hope to stay again if I’m up that way!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Booked over the phone after seeing they had rooms available on lateooms. Rung up as hotels generally prefer that as they get all the money. I didn't get the name of the person i booked with, but they knew my details from a previous stay. I arrived at 18:30 having been on the road since 06:00 only to find they had not actually booked me in...the open championship was on so i couldn't get a room! The staff just looked confused and had no solution for me. I left and set off on my 280 mile journey home....FUMING!!! I rung up half and hour later and remained polite. I asked for the manager to give me a call the following day...its 21:00 now and i am still awaiting that call! Absolutely disgusted! Obviously they don't really value their customers here! I expected at least a call from the manager with maybe an apology but no....nothing! WORST HOTEL IN SCOTLAND!

Trip type: Travelled on business
CLGSocialMedia, General Manager at Rooms at 29 Bruce Street, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

James,

Thank you for providing your feedback above. Please accept my sincere apologies, clearly there has been an error our end and I would very much like to speak with your directly. I'm afraid the details of above were not communicated to me, for which I can only apologise. Please may I ask that you forward your contact details to bookings@roomsat29.co.uk where I'll be able to contact you and arrange a telephone call.

We have let you down, and I am sorry.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

My daughters booked myself and my husband in here far a night with dinner included. It was lovely, the room was comfortable and the meal was nice. The only slight downside was the tables at dinner was a little too close so it didn't feel very intimate, could do with a little more space between each table but other than that a very enjoyable time.

Date of stay: August 2017
CLGSocialMedia, Social Media & Marketing Manager at Rooms at 29 Bruce Street, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hi Alison

Glad you enjoyed your birthday treat Alison, and thank you for your kind words.Will pass your feedback about the table space on to the venue staff.

Kind regards,