All reviews free entry night club next door cooked breakfast pay and display haggis bon bons sat night would stay again public car park lovely hotel light sleeper friday and saturday staying at this hotel night's sleep our room was spacious good nights sleep no lift town centre
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Booked over the phone after seeing they had rooms available on lateooms. Rung up as hotels generally prefer that as they get all the money. I didn't get the name of the person i booked with, but they knew my details from a previous stay. I arrived at 18:30 having been on the road since 06:00 only to find they had not actually booked me in...the open championship was on so i couldn't get a room! The staff just looked confused and had no solution for me. I left and set off on my 280 mile journey home....FUMING!!! I rung up half and hour later and remained polite. I asked for the manager to give me a call the following day...its 21:00 now and i am still awaiting that call! Absolutely disgusted! Obviously they don't really value their customers here! I expected at least a call from the manager with maybe an apology but no....nothing! WORST HOTEL IN SCOTLAND!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
CLGSocialMedia, General Manager at Rooms at 29 Bruce Street, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

James,

Thank you for providing your feedback above. Please accept my sincere apologies, clearly there has been an error our end and I would very much like to speak with your directly. I'm afraid the details of above were not communicated to me, for which I can only apologise. Please may I ask that you forward your contact details to bookings@roomsat29.co.uk where I'll be able to contact you and arrange a telephone call.

We have let you down, and I am sorry.

Scott - Operations Manager

Reviewed 5 July 2018

My daughters booked myself and my husband in here far a night with dinner included. It was lovely, the room was comfortable and the meal was nice. The only slight downside was the tables at dinner was a little too close so it didn't feel very intimate, could do with a little more space between each table but other than that a very enjoyable time.

Date of stay: August 2017
CLGSocialMedia, Social Media & Marketing Manager at Rooms at 29 Bruce Street, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hi Alison

Glad you enjoyed your birthday treat Alison, and thank you for your kind words.Will pass your feedback about the table space on to the venue staff.

Kind regards,
Social Media Manager, Dine at 29

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent staff and hotel couldn't of been more helpful and very very accommodating nothing was an issue will be staying there again and would highly recommend it to people location is perfect for city centre and parking is cheap and just behind the hotel

Trip type: Travelled with family
CLGSocialMedia, Social Media & Marketing Manager at Rooms at 29 Bruce Street, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Hi Alan

Thanks for your review - glad you enjoyed yourself so much, and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Dunfermline.

Kind regards,
Social Media Manager, Rooms at 29

Reviewed 12 June 2018

My reviews are always based on value for money and enjoyment. Trying to enter the hotel was a bit confusing as the front doors were locked (there is a side door). The reception chap was very nice and pointed out the reasonably priced overnight rear car park (as the hotel has only 3 car parking spaces).
I was with my daughter for the DMA's gig nearby. The twin room was fine. Functional, modern and clean. No view but that's not important to us. We popped down for an afternoon drink in bar. Again, the reception/bar chap was very friendly and prices reasonable. There are areas of the hotel a little worn but again not an issue which affected our stay.
Breakfast was a little bit confusing. Trying to find bread to make toast and coffee not the best but the selection was OK and my cooked meal was good. All staff were friendly and polite. Of course we'd return!

Room tip: Just ask reception staff for guidance.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank susiefontanabroo2017

Hi Susie

Thank you very much for your review. We're very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and glad that you will return.

I'll pass your feedback on to the venue staff and management, as we are always looking to take customer comments on board.

Thanks again, and hope you and your daughter enjoyed your visit to Dunfermline.

Regards
Social Media Manager, Rooms at 29

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Had a great stay here last week. Room was spotless and the bed was amazing! Close to all amenities and very busy street. Staff were great and so was breakfast. We will definitely return. All in all a very good small hotel.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CLGSocialMedia, Social Media & Marketing Manager at Rooms at 29 Bruce Street, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thank you very much for your review. I'll pass your positive words on to the staff and management, and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Dunfermline.