All reviews four poster georgian house broughton street a wonderful stay free upgrade breakfast was amazing comfortable beds both mornings location is excellent city centre jemima hosts accommodation bnb bedroom scotland luxury
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Ideal location with all the best visitor spots in walking distance. Surrounded by historical pubs and a variety of cuisines. In a beautiful neighborhood, surrounded by many brownstone type houses. An auction house down the corner for anyone interested in antiques! It's an all around delightful experience. We could have stayed there for many more days and was disappointed that we only had two nights. We returned midday to relax in the living room/parlor and read. It is a peaceful setting. I love dogs and even that wish was fulfilled by Taffy who is as friendly if not more than Jemima.
Jemima, our hostess and owner of the B&B, is filled with local knowledge and the best suggestions for anything you could possibly want to know about. Trust us, you will want to return again and again.

Room Tip: Each room is beautiful with its own charm. Best to check the website. We were on the third floor and enjoyed its coziness.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2018

I booked Scott House for our Honeymoon and I'm so glad I did! The hostess was so accommodating and even left us some champagne and a card to congratulate us on our Honeymoon! It was so special! The breakfast was incredible! Both hot and continental spread! We ate so much and loved all the little touches the owner added!

Our room was absolutely gorgeous! I loved having the tea station in our room! This B&B is definitely on my list to stay at again! So quaint and lovely.

Walking distance to everything (no need for a car) and some great spots for food - The Barony is amazing!

Note - overnight parking seems existent in Edinburgh so definitely don't rent a car if you're not traveling to the countryside.

Room Tip: Beautiful rooms
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2018

I’ve stayed five times now, both for work trips and for leisure. The building really is absolutely stunning and there was always a warm welcome from Jemima and her team. It’s great value as well, especially considering the rooms are five star hotel quality.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2017

I booked the Scott House for my daughter and my new son in law's honeymoon. Scott House treated them like they were the Royal Family! Scott House went above and beyond. I am so appreciative of the kindness and generosity they showed the honeymooners. It really was exceptional. The room was beautiful, food was great, and even champagne! This is the place you want to be. Book it people! Returned my faith in humanity......YES, Scott House is that good!

Room Tip: Any room here is a winner! Can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017

If we ever get back to Edinburgh, Scott House is where we’ll want to stay. It’s beautiful and comfortable and, maybe best of all, has a great hostess in Jemima, whose helpfulness and personal touch set the standard. When our Heart of Scotland day tour was unexpectedly canceled on us, she went to work finding us a substitute to turn around our disappointment. We can't say enough good stuff about this place!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple