“Lovely place”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Cooperage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Kitchen
Bedroom And View Through The Patio Doors
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sydney, Australia
“Lovely place”
Reviewed 29 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

I agree with previous guests about the location and the great view but I think it's important to mention that Drew has fixed the place up so nicely with many little touches that makes it a real home away from home. Apart from your luggage, you don't need to take anything because it is all there. Amazingly quiet, even though the traffic is just across the river. Very warm and cosy. Stayed with my husband and we both loved it. Definitely would like to return sometime.

Vacatione...
“Great location, lovely flat, perfect holiday.”
Reviewed 24 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The Cooperage is a great location in Leith, alongside the river overlooking a number of eateries including Mimi's a lovely bakery and restaurant. Only a two minute walk from the bus stop for a 25 minute journey in to the heart of Edinburgh. The bus service in Edinburgh is excellent so you can leave your car parked up. You are also only a 10 minute walk from the Ocean terminal and Brittania.

The flat is well maintained, clean and well equipped. Plenty of towels were provided if required.

The contact with Drew the owner was great. Always responded promptly and provided great travel directions.

I would highly recommend the Cooperage and will definitely be returning again.

Your age range 50-64
Monica N
“Perfect location and home away from Home”
Reviewed 4 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

This is my second stay at the Cooperage; my first in November 2014.
When I decided to visit Edinburgh again July 2017 I only had one place in mind.
The Cooperage and I changed my dates initially to make sure I could stay there for a plethora of reasons.
Firstly - Communication with the owner was excellent again, no question was too many and trust me I ask a lot of questions.
During the booking process I did have to change my dates slightly and it was no trouble for them to be changed.

Secondly - The building its self has a history and so does the Leith, I love the area.

Thirdly - Location - It is an easy walk into town or you can get take the number 22 bus from Commercial Street which is about 60mtrs from the front door.
Getting to the Cooperage is also easy, from the airport you can take the number 35 bus for the bargain price of GBP1.60 (at time of writing) it will take about an hour but just tell the driver you want to get off at the Customs House stop on Commercial Street and then walk to the right down the lane,
restaurant to the right, water to the left, when you come a beautiful old building just like you see in the pictures that's it; go around to the front because you are at the back and there it is..... "Home".... for your next ?? nights.

There are a lot fine restaurants in the area as well as a local grocery shop Sainsburry's and a very good Fish, Chip & Pizza shop called "Pierinos" both on Commercial Street as you head into town.

Fourth - and probably the most important, it was very CLEAN and fresh; Smoking is not permitted so it doesn't have any stale or damp odours.

Fifth - The apartment has all the modern appliances you need or want, a washing machine/clothes dryer combined and that was very important to me, I don't want to waste valuable holiday hours in a laundromat doing my laundry and a kitchen full of appliances should you decide to cook up a storm.

Sixth - Getting the keys was easy, I did advise that I was going to be in Ireland 3 weeks before I was arriving in Edinburgh and they arrived a week before I left Australia.

Since my last stay I noticed some improvements within the apartment, not that it needed it but Hotel Quality Crisp White sheets and Towels.
The apartment looks out onto the Leith and the views of the water and the swans swimming are just so calming after hectic days touring.....

I can highly recommend the Cooperage; will I be back to stay there - YES - it is my home in Edinburgh

Your age range 50-64
MEGNobleS...
United States
“Ms. ”
Reviewed 11 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Great place to stay!! Absolutely enjoyed my stay there! Great view, surrounded by great places to eat, weather was great, and the bus stop is only a few feet away!

Rosalie W
“Great position for getting around Edinburgh”
Reviewed 31 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

We found the Cooperage central to the bus stops and restaurants. We did feel that it needed a lot of work especially the blinds on the windows which did not cut out any light at all. The toilet took forever to fill up which was annoying. The owner did say that he has since replaced the blinds. The position could not have been better though

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing