“No Choices - No Problem”
Review of Aizle

Aizle
Ranked #2 of 2,654 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$60 - US$60
Cuisines: Scottish, International, British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lovely dinner here a couple of weeks back with friends. The no choice format won't be to everyones liking, however the 4 of us found no issue throughout the six course tasting.
Some really memorable dishes, well thought out, executed, using seasonal ingredients, locally sourced and sensibly priced. Basically this is 3-4 rosette cooking at mid range prices, about half the price of michelin star equivalents.
We elected not to do the matching drinks as we preferred sticking to wine throughout rather than some of the non wine drinks.
The "menu board" gives a list of around 25-30 of the ingredients and tastes you will experience through your meal and I have to say we were really impressed. Thoughtful, well presented food with unstuffy service in simple surroundings really well delivered. Going back soon, highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A little out of the way of the centre, Aizle was truly worth the walk! The food was simply fantastic, beautifully arranged and tasted incredible.

The servers were all very attentive and friendly.

I am a vegetarian and so asked that my dishes reflect this, my dishes were delicious but I did note a few came with parmesan which technically isn't vegetarian. I still choose to eat parmesan so this wasn't a problem but some other vegetarians might not be happy with this.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Cannot fault this place brilliant service brilliant food all the courses we had were faultless and highly recommended

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been here a number of times and it only gets better.

It's now in the Michelin guide 2018.

It's a 6 course with amuse bouche as three bite size starters.

Amazing taste and paired drinks. The Meade was interesting.

Fish mains was amazing and so was the chicken but that's my only critique that chicken should be served as a main.

One of the best places to eat in Edinburgh with interesting paired drinks.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Only our second visit. Very special food and service. Great variety of mouth-watering taster dishes made with fresh, seasonal ingredients.