We stayed here for 2 nights in June.
1) Free, strong wifi
2) Full Scottish or continental breakfast included
3) Very kind staff
4) Lots of outlets
5) Coffee and tea facilities in-room
6) Comfy beds
7) Spacious rooms (we stayed on the first floor, overlooking the street)
9) Bus line to Old Town and Waverly Station is right out front
1) About a mile from Old Town
2) Ground floor rooms can be noisy
3) The entire place was renovated recently, but there were lots of "missed" areas. For example: our faucet ran continuously, and couldn't be shut off; carpets torn; some lights didn't work
4) Small details make this place feel a bit unloved, like the sour milk 2 mornings in a row at breakfast, or the lack of proper housekeeping (towels, linens not changed)
5) A sign in the bathroom says "towels on floor mean change towels", so I left mine on the floor. They were taken away, but not replaced. We couldn't find anyone to refresh them. Linens not changed either.
It's a nice B&B, but has potential to be so much better.More
- Free Wifi