“Fantastic ”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Description: Showcasing a rooftop restaurant with stunning views of the landmarks of Scotland's capital city, Chaophraya Edinburgh brings flavour to George Street. Presenting a fusion of delicious authentic Thai cuisine, luxurious surroundings and sensational drinks menu is the ideal place to impress your guests.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went here today with my mum and my grandma. My mum had been here before but me and my Grandma had not. The place is beautiful and a stunning location unfortunately it wasn’t a nice day so we sat in the inside area. We booked online yesterday as we heard great reviews about it. And it seemed like a nice place for lunch for my birthday. All the staff were pleasant and in lovely uniforms they couldn’t have done enough for us constantly filling up our glasses with water. The prawn crackers were absolutely delicious so good we got another portion. We ordered the tapas and a sweet and sour chicken but asked to change the rice to noodles as my grandma can’t have rice. And a beef and black bean sauce. All the food was so well presented and beautiful and it all tasted delicious. I got one soft drink also. And at the end I was pleasantly given a piece of birthday cake which we shared and it was delicious. Bravo to all the staff for a great birthday lunch. I will definitely return.

2  Thank Misslouboutin19
LM232013, Guest Relations Manager at Chaophraya Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Sawasdee kha (Hello) Misslouboutin19,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. It's lovely to hear you had a great time with your mum and grandma.We love to share feedback like yours with the team. It's always nice to hear positive feedback.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to us again soon.

Chaophraya Edinburgh Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,384)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food was great. Typical European style size for the mains when we Asians are used to sharing portions.

Still the food was of good standard and the service was pretty good too

2  Thank leesysg

Thank you for taking the time to review us leesysg. Glad to hear you enjoyed your food. Sorry if you found the portions to be small we have recently launched our new menu and if you are looking to share a menu with the table I would recommend our set menu.

I hope we can welcome you back to us.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited the restaurant on Saturday at 5:30pm, having booked a table online for 5:45pm. Knowing we were early, we were happy to have a drink at the bar and I had been told the cocktails were good, and we were not disappointed. Very awkward bar service though, with the restaurant trays taking up a substantial part of the open bar and bar stools, occupied in the majority of the rest of the bar, it was difficult to find clear bar area. Waiting on the third member of our party, we ordered another drink.
Conscious of the fact that the table was 'only booked for 2 hours', at 5pm we asked if our table was ready. About 5-10 minutes later we were shown our table.
This had to be the best view of the Castle and on such a sunny day, the views were incredible, what a fabulous location.
As we were seated, the lady said ' your table is re-booked for 7:15pm, so you will need to be finished by then' - to which I replied 'as long as the food is served quickly we will be out by then'.
Good menu advise and offered water.
But the order was not taken for another 20 minutes.
The starters arrived after about 20 minutes - over an hour after our table had been booked for - but this did not feel too bad as the restaurant was quite busy. After these plates were cleared, the wait to the main course was very long, between 30-40 minutes wait - with 4 other tables in the glass room also waiting the same amount of time for their main courses.
All the food was very tasty, well presented, warm and plates were warm - the food was wonderful.
We were never once asked if we wanted more drinks.
No-one came to apologize to us for the delay with our food (maybe this is a normal wait time?).
By the time we had finished our main courses, we were over the 'time allocated' for our table, so we did not feel that we could stay for dessert.
It did spoil our visit that due to the slow service of the restaurant, we felt our food was rushed and we did not have a complete meal. We paid the bill and had dessert at another restaurant.

2  Thank Sharon C
LM232013, Guest Relations Manager at Chaophraya Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review us Sharon C, we are very sore your experience with us was not to our usual high standards. I would really love to speak with you directly and hope you can return to give us a second chance.

Please do contact me feedback@chaophraya.co.uk

Guest Relations Manager
Chaophraya Edinburgh

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for my gf's birthday dinner on Monday night.

When we were first seated we were asked if either of us had food allergies or dietary requirements. That doesn't get asked often so first impressions we good.

Food was lovely, and great service from all staff. We were served by Momo and Emma who were both really friendly and helpful.

And at the end of our meal the staff were able to box up our leftovers for us.

Would thoroughly recommend to a friend. Great overall experience.

2  Thank Scott M

Thank you for your review Scott M, so glad to hear you and your girlfriend enjoyed dining with us. I look forward to sharing your feedback with Emma and MoMo.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us again soon.

Kop Khun Kha (thank you)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful food, lovely atmosphere and excellent service. If I return to Edinburgh I definitely would return and would recommend to family and friends.

2  Thank claire w

Thank you very much for your review claire w. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed dining with us and look forward to welcoming you back to us again next time you are in town.

Kop Khun Kha (thank you)