US$161
US$154
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$199/night.

US$169
US$142
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

US$235
US$197
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$282/night.

Leonardo Hotel Edinburgh Murrayfield(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$95
US$75
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

US$109
US$84
Agoda.com
    Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
    US$152
    ibis
    Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

US$109
    US$93
    Priceline
    Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

US$98
    ibis Budget
    US$457
    US$306
    Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$373/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
    Book now, pay at stay
    US$461
    US$441
    Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$555/night.

1,144 results
    All reviewsthe executive loungeroyal milethe marco pierre white restaurantnorth bridgetrain stationexcellent locationlovely hotelhigh streetstreet noisecentral locationprinces streetluggagecastlemirrorpubspounds
    Reviewed 28 February 2017

Stayed here for 5 nights on my stay to Edinburgh with my family. Upon check in, Emma, the front desk manager was so nice and immediately created a great check in experience along with checkout on the last day! The hotel rooms were very clean modern, and stocked daily with tea, coffee, hot chocolate, etc. We had executive lounge access where Victoria made our day everyday with her amazing service at breakfast! The staff here are reason enough to encourage us to come back due to their wonderful service and great personalities. The hotel is located right on North Bridge, which is just steps from Royal Mile, along with Waverly Station, shopping and restaurants. The breakfast was amazing, and the convenience of the location was more than we could ask for. I am for sure to be back over and over again!

4  Thank Jay A
    TD_LMC901, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Carlton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Dear Jay A,

Thanks you so much for leaving such a lovely review of your recent stay with us, and for such warming comments about Emma & Victoria - they will be delighted to hear that they have made your visit a memorable one! The team really do try their best to look after all our guests and we are very proud of the services we offer so it brings me great pleasure to see that you were fully satisfied with your Guest Room, our Executive Lounge and our Breakfast offerings.

I hope that we can be of service to you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Location couldn't be better I believe. Walking distance from everything, loads of bars and restaurants around, and gift shops. Really well located.
    The rooms are nice and big enough for a city hotel, bathroom lovely as well.
    The service overall wasn't great, especially the bar staff, they weren't the friendliest or most helpful. Could've caught them in bad days, I don't know. Once we did speak to the manager about something and I must say he was absolutely lovely, polite and highly effective.
    The receptionists in general were also nice.
    The highlight of the hotel is definitely the location in my opinion, and it was good price since we booked it months before.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
    1  Thank Irene H

Dear Irene H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us at The Hilton Edinburgh Carlton. I am happy to see that overall your visit was a pleasant one and you were satisfied with your guest rooms. I'm sorry to hear that we have let you down in our service levels as this is something we are renowned for and I know our team strive to be the best they can. We do have a perfect city centre location, ideal for exploring all that Edinburgh has to offer.

I hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

We were very pleased to find that the location of the hotel was so good. Very near to Waverley Station, though a very steep climb up the Scotsman steps, right next to the Royal Mile and only 5 mins to Princes St. It has been newly refurbished and is bright and light for an old building. Our room was quiet, comfortable and well equipped. So why do I feel disappointed? As a Hilton gold member I am very used to the normal standards of hospitality. This hotel didn't match up. On arrival we were not offered an upgrade. Okay perhaps they were full but no comments or apologies from the front of house manager dealing with us. We were not offered a newspaper, nor did we get any complementary water. The bar was pleasant and the service fine, not surprising perhaps given that it was pretty empty. Breakfast was awful. Undrinkable tea, unripe fruit and lukewarm food in the "hot" buffet. Is there anything less enticing than a cold fried egg?

Room Tip: No road noise in the back facing rooms.
    • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank lambley

Dear Lambley,

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay with us. As a Gold Honors member you are amongst our most loyal guests so it does dishearten me to hear that there were aspects of your stay where we have let you down and for this I would like to apologise. We always try our very best to provide the complimentary room upgrade to our Gold and Diamond members when staying and generally we are able to fulfil this without issue - the only occasions being when we have all of our upgraded rooms already booked. Without reviewing your booking I can't see exactly what happened but it's clear that we could have improved our communication on this occasion.
    I will be sure to pass your comments on to our kitchen team regarding breakfast as this has always been one of our highlights as we understand the importance of a good breakfast to start the day just right.

Our team try very hard to provide all of our guests a memorable experience and we have become an increasingly popular destination for Honors members so I can assure you this is not the usual standards for our hotel.

I do hope that we can be of service to you again and I am confident that we will be able to Make It Right for you.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

While the hotel is modern in appearance, and we did receive a room upgrade, our bathroom in the suite had issues. Two days in a row there was poop in the toilet floating that was not from us, and the water was constantly yellow (urine). I think the sewage water from another room must've been backing into our toilet. It was disgusting. We asked for our room to be switched and the staff processing the change did not understand why we wanted to switch rooms and seemed to reluctantly agree to let us switch. She Told us our room would not be ready until 3pm. We basically had to use a public toilet in the meantime from 10am-3pm. She noted our luggage which was packed already would already be placed in the new room. When we returned at 3 another lady helped us and when I asked for the new room key she simply told me that someone was sent to our room and the toilet works fine. This is irritating because we explicitly said we wanted a room change, we did NOT want to risk finding more "surprises" in the toilet. She was rude and again was reluctant to switch our room, but finally did. We were completely fine with not having a suite room, but the lady was just so rude and not understanding or apologetic toward our situation. Additionally, she took away our executive lounge access since I suppose only those who booked suites or are Hilton Diamond members at the property receive access (I am a gold member). The service we received was just disappointing. I believe the names of the two ladies who helped us were Emma and Laura. Only George, who helped us move our luggage when we were finally able to get a new room, was apologetic and embarrassed that this happened to us. Will not recommend this hotel to others despite the great location. I am reminded of why I now switched mainly to Marriott.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
    3  Thank jessihsu
    Reviewed 25 February 2017

Very enjoyable stay at the Hilton. Ideally situated for a city break. Loads to do within walking distance and minutes walk from railway station. Staff all very friendly and helpful. Rooms were a very good standard. Ideal for a family stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jacquelinej190,

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you have had an enjoyable experience and that our team have looked after you well. Thank you also for highlighting our perfect city centre location and for your comments on our newly refurbished guest rooms.

We hope to see you again.