“Hands Down - Best Whisky Shop”
Review of Cadenhead's

Cadenhead's
Ranked #3 of 203 Shopping in Edinburgh
Reviewed 21 June 2018

First, the staff is as knowledgeable as any whisky shop in Scotland or the distilleries. And definitely more knowledgeable than most.
Second, the staff is approachable, warm, and helpful. I simply relayed my normal whisky selections and palate preferences and we were off to the races! They ENCOURAGE tasting, unlike others who reluctantly dole it out (and usually at a fee). There is no pressure or guilt to buy (unlike the other shops).
Third, they bottle their own from brand name distilleries, so you can afford 20, 25, 30 and beyond year old bottles at a fraction of the price!
All in all, I will always shop here from now on when I'm in Edinburgh and I encourage you to do the same.
(Plus they've been in business 175 years, there must be a reason!)

3  Thank Erik C
in 6 reviews
"islay"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

As a starter let me say that I'm not a whiskey lover. This being said I do like a taste once in a while. In our previous trip in the UK we used to buy a bottle at the airport of the well known be brand.

We did stop at a few whiskey stores along the Royal Mile and were somewhat disappointed. So I reluctantly enter Cadenhead's. After explaining what I tasted and usually buys they recommended a few selections and he offered us to taste them (straight or with water). All in all it was a brilliant experience.

Highly recommended

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I was referred by another whiskey lover to stop by Cadenhead’s and I’m glad I did. Besides a vast selection of great whiskey’s they also are bottlers of rum. I purchased a bottle of Cuba rum that I will savour.
I definitely recommend Cadenhead’s.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

If you love whisky or is looking for an interesting gift for someone who does, visit Cadenhead's.
They will tell you about the bottlings currently available and often you can also have a little taste before you decide.
It is always special coming here.