Open today: 10:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Friendly and Helpul

The staff was very friendly and quite helpful in our whisky tasting experience. I especially... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
STJHOC
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Great Helpful Staff

Wonderful staff that will help you choose a nice drink to bring home to even though you maybe a... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from US$59.60
from US$71.30
from US$764.60
More Info
All reviews whisky shop cask strength single malt scotch royal mile excellent whiskey cl bottle love whisky whisky lovers whisky experience casks bottling distilleries campbeltown springbank islay knowledge retailers
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I stopped by the shop in Feb 2018. I wanted a bottle of Scottish Whiskey as a souvenir. They have several casks of whiskey that they recommended and they let me sample them all. I like tasting a whiskey before I buy it. I selected the Scottish highland blend. It was smooth and hit all the right notes. They poured a 200 ml bottle for me and put my name on the label with the alc strength.,
My only regret was not buying several bottles. What a unique souvenir that will last decades.

Date of experience: February 2018
2  Thank doug_petty
Reviewed 20 February 2018

I don't know that much about whisky but went on the Whisky experience and then stopped by Cadenhead's at the recommendation of a friend. If you are into whisky, particularly unique and and different ones, this is the place for you. The staff was very helpful and it was a great experience. They also have a good selection of gin and rum.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank Greg P
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Ended up buying from here twice in three days. Both staff members were polite and very knowledgeable. They even let my friend in early to get a last minute gift as our car was waiting. As for the whisky it's really stands out from most of what the other shops have to offer. Definitely going to visit next time we are in.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Always a warm welcome with great advice and the specialist smaller batch bottles are great. A little further away down cannongate but worth a visit to this small shop.
Mind the £50000 1919 on the top shelf

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank jono67cyber
Reviewed 17 November 2017

This place was in the tour books but was also recommended by a couple of chaps we met in the Oxford Bar. This is a real whisky shop - the very knowledgeable staff will help you choose a whisky that works for you. They offer samples and types that cannot be found elsewhere. They put it in bottles straight from the casks. This place is great to learn about and buy whisky.

Date of experience: October 2017