“A Grand Room in a Great Location...BUT...”
Prestigious 1820's Regent Terrace designed by famous Edinburgh Edinburgh Architect William Playfair
Cobbled, leafy Regent Terrace, on the doorstep of the city centre, yet tranquil and quiet Wonderfully roomy with floor to ceiling windows
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Wonderfully roomy with floor to ceiling windows
Comfortably accommodates 4-6 guests and up to 10 on request
You'll be revelling in comfort and space in this open plan layout
Twin bedroom
Quiet, private, self-contained apartments
Dining area looking onto sitting room
South - facing windows admit plenty of natural illumination
We have a number of apartments which can be configured as required
We have a number of apartments which can be configured as required
Dining area
The property overlooks nearby Arthur's Seat, and is near to Holyrood House and Scottish Parliament
Bathroom
Kitchen & dining area with all modern conveniences
More than a hint of luxury, yet affordable rates
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
katemccab...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A Grand Room in a Great Location...BUT...”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

In the majority of this review, I'll have nice things to say. But, at the end, I'll get to the quibbles.
This apartment is in a great location. It's just 10 minutes up Princes Street on foot. You're in the old embassy area. In fact, the US Consulate is still there. This is nice because whilst it's central, it's actually along one of the quieter streets. So, we weren't far from our favourite fringe locations...but we didn't have to cope with a bunch of overzealous festival goers right outside our front door. The room we had within the building (I believe the owners manage several rooms in the property) was comprised of a nice sized master bedroom, a smaller room with two single beds, and a marvelously big sitting room which ALSO had a full size bed in it. I think it's rarely used for sleeping...but we used it.
The bed was firm and comfortable. Nice television set.
Kitchen was spacious enough for a couple of people to turn around in. Lovely big dining table in the sitting room. The whole thing is rather old-fashioned looking but sort of in a grand way. Apparently, the building USED to house the Danish embassy. No real complaints about the space and size of the room and though we paid a good amount for it, we were also visiting in the priciest season. I think all in all we got a competitive price.
One bathroom with an electric shower/tub, toilet and sink. This was fine for the four of us.
The view is gorgeous. Arthur's Seat directly out the big old windows.
There is limited parking to be had but you can ensure availability in advance.
My only gripe is that the apartment was advertised as having wi-fi and it doesn't. There is a cable coming out of the wall for a router...but there is no router where the router should be. We left several messages for this to be dealt with and received a myriad of suggestions/explanations but it was never satisfactorily resolved in the end and we were there for 3.5 days. We did get a bit of money knocked off at the end for complaining about it--which is fair enough and we were glad that there was some gesture of compensation. But, I do quite a bit of social networking and reporting in my line of work and I often use my iPad to phone long distance via FaceTime and I couldn't do any of that from the comfort of our rental. So, I'd just say--word to the wise...check in advance if they have fixed this problem for sure before you book IF wi-fi is as important to you as it is to me when booking a rental.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Big and beautiful in an old-fashioned way
Liked least: Wi-Fi wound up being Lie-Fi
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Haifa
Reviewed 11 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Luxury-minded travelers
Ridi111
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing place to stay!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

It was a pleasant experience to stay with my family and we all loved the apartment. It was a reasonable price for 5 of us. I would love to book this apartment again for my next holiday. Nice location, great place!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: I liked most of thing in the apartment
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
whimj
“Gorgeous flat and lovely hosts”
Reviewed 24 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

St. Margaret's garden flat was as beautiful and spacious as we'd hoped and then some. The website photos can't do it justice! Everything was extremely clean and tidy upon our arrival. John and Shameem were cheerful and welcoming and always available for questions, and left us buns and butter and jam and tea to get us going our first morning. The street was quiet, with a view of Arthur's Seat and gardens below, and yet just a short walk from the Royal Mile. We couldn't have been more pleased with this flat, and it made for a most relaxing stay.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked least: Only issues were that the bathroom door did not lock, and there were no dishcloths or potholders in the kitchen..
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sheffield
Reviewed 31 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing