“a lovely wee apartment that made me feel at home”
other travellers have booked this property
Grounds
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Grounds
Garden
Spiral staircase access to apartment
Street
Wall plaque outside apartment
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
BrisbaneD...
Brisbane
“a lovely wee apartment that made me feel at home”
Reviewed 4 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

At 4:30 am on Monday 1 December, I checked out of Duncans Land - which I had lived in for a month when I was in Edinburgh with work. As the taxi drove me to the airport, I felt a tinge of sadness - I love Scotland and this wee apartment was a delight, as well. Being in Stockbridge, I felt like I was in a Sandy McCall Smith book (The Scotland Street series) - I even went to The Floatarium, which is just around the corner. The Waters of Leith are so close by, a relaxing amble is as close as can be in a city. Work in town, the shops, the castle, good grocers etc are all an easy walk away.

As some of the other reviewers have said previously, the place is not perfect - eg occasionally (and I stress it was very occasionally), the guy upstairs has his alarm on too loud, and there is no washing machine. BUT there is a good launderer just a toddle down the street - and Edinburgh is meant to be quirky. It is an ancient capital in the modern world, anywhere one stays will have a few hiccups - but that is actually what gives it character and charm.

Morag the landlady was very decent in her dealings with me and she in turn thought I was an excellent tenant. I would have loved to have met her wee dog, but sadly we ended up too busy.

So, I recommend Duncans Land - it is a lovely historic building run by a very nice lady in one of the most charming cities I ever visit. In fact, Edinburgh is one of the only places in the world I would ever think of living, outside my native Australia. (And, yes, I will be home for Christmas)

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
MH64
London, United Kingdom
“Repeat visit and just as wonderful”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

I NEVER stay at the same place twice, but in this case I have made an exception and hope to continue to visit every year. This was just as perfect as our Edinburgh Festival base as last year and I want to thank Morag for her hospitality and flexibility with check in and out times. So well located in such a nice area. See you next year!

Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Teenagers
Revell15
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A lovely experience”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

4 of us stayed in Duncan's Land as we were going to a wedding. It was clean, light and well decorated. The bathroom was modern and the shower was hot and powerful. There were games provided and in the afternoon we played board games in the lounge. Duncan's Land is in a really lovely part of Edinburgh - near the water of Leith and some excellent independent shops. All communication with the owner was pleasant and fast, and getting the keys on arrival was really efficient. I thoroughly recommend this accommodation.

Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Agatha643
Calgary, Canada
“Second Stay-Perfect”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 for a stay in March 2014

This was perfect again....I stayed in September 2013. This time I brought my family with me and they were equally charmed! It really is within perfect walking distance to everything ...The apartment feels like coming come after a busy day of sightseeing...the hustle and bustle is left behind the moment you walk into the garden...I hope to be back soon!

Recommended for:
Friends getaway
Leslie H
“Didn't want to leave this 'home from home'”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 for a stay in February 2014

A beautifully presented home which charmed us from the minute we arrived. We wanted for nothing (other than more time!) Morag couldn't be more helpful and had left easy instructions for absolutely everything. A great location which is only a 10-15 minute stroll from the city centre, yet it was quiet enough to sit out on the bench in the evening with a brew and appreciate the beautiful little garden. We had a great breakfast at Leo's Beanery just up the road and after a particularly wet walk home from Murrayfield, we tried the Thai restaurant downstairs - can't get a closer take-away! If we come back to Edinburgh, this is where we'll be staying!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cosy atmosphere....it felt like home!
Liked least: The chaotic road system because the tram system is being installed - nobody's fault, but very confusing!
Management Response
4 Apr 2014
Thank you , Leslie , for your generous comments and I look forward to welcoming you back soon !
Morag
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing