2,685 results
All reviewsprinces streetgreat locationscott monumentprivilege roomcastle viewwaverley stationchristmas marketbit datedsuperior roomcentral locationfew minutes walkhaggisshort breaklovely roomroyal milejennersbuses
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a brilliant location with great views and short walking distance to transport hubs and attractions. The hotel lobby and restaurant were good and breakfast was lovely. Unfortunately the room we had was poor. It was in desperate need of refurbishment and looked out onto a roof, fire escape and the wall of the next building. It was however clean and adequate for our 1 night stay but I wouldn’t want to stay longer.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Fiona C
James F, General Manager at Mercure Edinburgh City - Princes Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your feedback following your stay with us at Mercure Edinburgh City Princes Street Hotel. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our fabulous location. I am sorry that your room did not match your expectations. We do sell room upgrades to our castle view rooms at check in, I would definitely recommend one of these rooms should you have an occasion to visit again.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

The weekend was a gift, so I'm not sure on the cost. Lovely hotel with friendly, helpful staff. We Had a room with a Castle view which was well worth it. Fabulous views of the characterful architecture of the fortress and the old town. Situatated on Princes st, all major landmarks within walking distance. Opposite the National Galleries, The Scott memorial and ten minutes to the Royal Mile. Excellent choice at breakfast to set you up for the day.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. We certainly hope to look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Location is really one of the best, but my room was so small that I couldn't even open my suitcase. Bathroom was very old, shower didn't worked well.
So if you want a single room, it is the worst choise.
Next time I'll choose another hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We do have many different room types within the hotel and all are available to book for single occupancy.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Location of the hotel could not be better, bang on in the middle of Edinburgh and only 5 minutes walk from the main station.

Our room had great views of the main monuments across the main Street, but was dated, especially the bathroom. In fact, the whole hotel could do with some modernization.

Staff are very good as always in Mercures, and the food (breakfast and dinner) was just average.

All in all not bad for a weekend in town, but I would not stay longer than this.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I was very disappointed to read that your room did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Stayed for 2 nights at Easter with 2 friends. The privilege room with a shared balcony, Castle facing was amazing. My friends also got a privilege room, with a bay window and sofa. The rooms were fantastic. The hotel put on a buffet on Good Friday for 12 friends and family. The food was awesome and plentiful! Went down a treat. Then on the Saturday night 9 of us had dinner in the hotel. Delicious food, staff were so attentive throughout and happily accommodated gluten free on Friday & Saturday. I couldn't have wished a better place to stay. Right in the heart of this beautiful city. Easy and awesome. Thanks to the staff who were brilliant throughout our stay. See you soon xx

Room Tip: Castle view rooms are amazing
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

What a great review and we thank you for it. We are pleased that you enjoyed stay with us. We do hope to see you again on your next visit to Edinburgh.