3,217 results
All reviews the club lounge mood lighting castle view rooftop pool thermal suite square restaurant lighting system usher hall edinburgh castle hotel guests modern hotel hotel bar princes street fantastic hotel royal mile spg hydropool
Reviewed 18 July 2018

I chose this hotel because of the promise of a world-class spa, and it delivered. There are multiple treatment rooms, giving you the feeling that you are in a real, full-service facility. Even so, I didn't take any chances and made sure that I booked my treatment a couple weeks in advance. My facial was very good indeed. We also enjoyed the pool. It was great to be able to walk from our room to the spa in our bathrobes. (Of course we didn't wear the bathrobes in the lobby or club lounge.)

Our room had a sublimely comfortable bed and proper blackout curtains. Scotland has incredibly long days in midsummer, so we appreciated not being woken by the sun at 4:30 am. Air conditioning was a life saver during the uncharacteristically hot weather. The lighting in the bathroom was a little bit fiddly, but we got used to it.

Although we were entitled to have a free breakfast in the club lounge, we chose to have it delivered to our room. Room service was mostly good; when they forgot something, they were quick to rectify. The club lounge felt too much like an airport lounge, so we didn't use it again after our first visit. There's free food and drinks there, though.

We paid extra to have a castle view, which we did indeed get. But to be honest, it's not the castle's best side.

The hotel is centrally located, which is convenient.

Overall, I liked the hotel, and especially the spa. I wish I could give it a 4.5. I didn't give it a full 5 due to its standardised, corporate feel -- which of course is totally appropriate, as it's a Sheraton. The upside to not being quirky is that there are no unpleasant surprises.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SkyeTraveler
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Here's why I love this place. Checked in a bit early, but they got our room ready in 30 minutes. Upon checking in, we found the bathroom sink was leaking. Immediately they offered us a room, actually right next door, but sent up a maintenance person who thought he could fix it in five minutes. So we declined to move... but when we returned from dinner, there was a new puddle on the floor. Called down to the front and in five minutes a representative was in our room, insisting we take them up on an offer to move to the 7th floor club level, with free breakfast each morning of our stay. For me it's all about the customer service, and this property has it, in spades. Wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in Edinburgh.

Room Tip: Castle view rooms are stunning
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa
Edinburgh

It’s the staff, the food, the location, the room lighting - it’s the entire package that made our stay so wonderful. We can’t single out any one staff member, because EVERY person working here has been joyously accommodating. We hate having to leave tomorrow!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank M S
Reviewed 13 July 2018

We had a lovely 2-night stay at this modern Sheraton. The rooms are modern, comfortable and clean. Many friendly staff members made our stay one to remember. Our questions were answered and we were given "inside information" about wonderful dining options-including delicious Scottish breakfast spots. The location is perfect- walking distance to everywhere! Shortbread cookies in the lobby were a pleasant treat! We will definitely stay here on our next trip to this quant city.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here after Christmas for the Christmas markets and Zoo and the hotel and facilities were amazing, the room is very nice along with the spa and swimming pool. Really recommend staying here if coming to Edinburgh

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple