3,254 results
All reviews the club lounge mood lighting castle view rooftop pool thermal suite square restaurant lighting system usher hall edinburgh castle hotel guests modern hotel hotel bar princes street fantastic hotel royal mile spg hydropool
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Beautiful hotel with great service in the restraurant, Flat iron steak is recommended, great location in town but why did sheraton change the bar?

The grand stairs to the entrance of the Sheraton bar were its grandest feature as can be seen in other top class hotels in edinburgh but this has been removed from the refurbished Sheraton, The bar is now smaller then i remember and service no longer comes with a smile.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2017

This hotel does not now how to take care of their Platinum Guests. I stayed here with my husband and booked the room through SPG's site with my SET corporate discount code. Because I am Platinum and have been for years, we always receive complimentary breakfast at Starwood hotels. This time however, we were not treated with that usual courtesy. The hostess acted shocked that there were two people staying in the room and tried to argue with me that this was a mistake. I told her we were both staying in the room and she proceeded to call the front desk and told me because the room was booked with my corporate rate, it is only for one person. I told her that was nonsense as we use my corporate rate for bookings all the time, and there's no way to indicate how many people are staying in the room when you book through SPG's site. And being Platinum and having complimentary breakfast has nothing to do with my corporate rate. Then her manager came out and argued with me some more. In the end, they forced us to pay for his breakfast, and it was incredibly awkward and uncomfortable and a crappy way to start our day. Later that evening I tried to talk to the front desk about it, but we had the exact same frustrating, circular conversation. We travel with Starwood monthly and have never been treated like this and it put a terrible taste in our mouths.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 15 March 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for the feedback regarding the experience with the breakfast in One Square restaurant. I am very sorry and disappointed that we did not meet your expectations.
If you can please contact me directly by email at wojciech.bialecki@sheraton.com, we can discuss this further. Thank you once again for this important feedback which we are taking seriously and I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Warm regards,

Wojciech Bialecki
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Normally I'm not one to go on about the duvet and pillows - but they were wonderfully cosy and comfortable. Really snuggly duvet and soft pillows. Was a joy to go to bed and and even greater effort to extract in the morning.

Room big and spacious. Bathroom/toilet done in a novel but clever way to make light and airy. Lighting was rather trendy which meant (as someone the wrong side of middle age) I struggled to work it out.

The hotel itself is very pleasant and well located. Breakfast was very good. Cannot beat a bit of haggis from the breakfast bar!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DinFrance
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Stunning hotel, very clean and location was great and the staff during my stay were very attentive.

I stayed at the hotel for 1 night last year and had a couple of drinks from the mini bar the day before I left in the morning, I was charged twice though for the mini bar. Vat receipt showed the charges. A lady named Sara who I was told done their finances after I queried this said that she was finding out what charges had been sent to my room due to double bill, however, failed to make contact on the time frame she had given. I did in the end get an email back stating I would get the money owed to me returned which was around 2 weeks to late. Was extremely disappointing as I shouldn't need to continue to chase mistakes and I never did get an explanation as to how this happened in the first place.

If that had not happened at the end I would have definitely returned during my recent stay in Edinburgh, while I was there it was a truly wonderful stay.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for one night and used the spa facilities with breakfast the following morning. Check in was quick and easy and the room was lovely. Huge bed, nice view of the castle - my only issue was that both pillows were feather (not my preference). One spa did not disappoint! The facility is beautiful and clean, with everything you need for a relaxing spa break. The best part by far was however the outdoor rooftop hydropool. Watching the stars come out with my partner was the highlight of my stay. A quick nightcap in the hotel bar 'one square' was lovely, again, nice modern decor and a friendly barman 'Simone' from Italy! The room was very comfortable and modern and breakfast was tasty and presented beautifully. I would definitely recommend a stay here, but more importantly, you need to get to the spa!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple