“A great place to stay in Dumfries.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
A view of Burns Street from Rabbie's front door
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
Mrs Liz M
“A great place to stay in Dumfries.”
Reviewed 1 August 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Perfect little place to stay in the centre of Dumfries. Clean, tidy and comfortable and close to all the amenities in town. Had a wonderful day on the beach at Kippford and a glorious walk up the Gray Mare's Tail in beautiful Scottish sunshine - it does happen!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
4 Aug 2018
Thanks for your feedback Liz. I'm glad you found Burns Street all of the things you mentioned and I'm also glad you found such lovely things to do in the sunshine. Two of our favourites!
Zena S
“Perfect location.”
Reviewed 3 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Smashing town centre cottage. Quiet location right in the heart of town. In walking distance of the fabulous Dock Park, bars and restaurants. The cottage has everything you might need if you want to cook at home or you just fancy a night in after a days walking in the beautiful countryside that surrounds Dumfries. Susan was lovely, very helpful and while I didn’t need to call on her I knew that she would be there if I needed her. Very comfortable and pet friendly. Thanks.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
5 Jun 2018
Thank you Zena! What lovely feedback and exactly what we aim for. I'm glad you enjoyed the walking and the restaurants. It is lovely around about and there are some very good places to eat. Hope you got something nice cooked for you.
Reviewed 16 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

18 Apr 2018
Thanks for your feedback Alan. We're glad your stay was enjoyable and we'll see you again very soon.
Ange H
“So comfortable”
Reviewed 24 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Amazing cottage, right in the midst of the town but it seemed very quiet inside. Furnished very comfortably and well equipped. A pleasure to come back to, especially as it was so warm and cosy.

27 Feb 2018
Thank you for your feedback Ange. We are so pleased you found the cottage cosy and comfortable. It's nice you know you enjoyed returning to it after your exploring. Susan and Brian
Colin W
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Car Vandalised outside of Property”
Reviewed 8 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Arrived on 29/12 for 3 night stay for New Year..Its states in quiet street, it’s actually a busy short cut thoughfare into the town centre. Quite noisy from motor vehicles as part of street cobbled and noisy from flats opposite and behind throughout the night...
Sat 30/12 we had a storm and slithers of slate fell from roof onto my car scraping Windscreen, but worse , someone vandalised my car by snapping off rear wiper arm and in doing so gouged into the paintwork on the tailgate. I contacted the owners and Brian came round within 15 mins, he saw the damage to car and witnessed a further piece of slate still hanging off roof as well as bits of slate on the floor outside bedroom window to front of property , he commented he will get a ladder to the piece of slate, later that afternoon. He and I took pictures and he said he would contact his insurers. He requested we I went to the police station to get a crime number for the vandalism, which I did and said he would contact me after speaking with his insurers. We consequently left a night early as if the vandalism happened the night before New Year’s Eve what could happen on the night itself( they did offer £50 refund for the night we didn’t stay ).. I chased up the owners on 2/1/18 to see if they had any news from insurers, forgetting it was still a bank holiday for which I apologised, on 3/1/18 I received a text saying a roofer was going around on Wednesday to ascertain if any of their slates had come off their roof.??? Obviously after getting advise they started to back track ... on Friday Brian sent me a text message saying the roofer had been round and no slates had fallen of their roof, and that I should contact my car insurers for the vandalism....totally rejecting any responsibility...a few minutes before the text arrived I was handed a further piece of slate from the Autoglass technician which had lodged in my engine vent... which magically matches the slate on 5 Burns Street...from the end coping which had shelled . I sent Brian a text message expressing my disappointment in his changed of attitude on the events... which has obviously fallen on deaf ears.
Really disappointing way to end the year and bring in the New....

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
17 Jan 2018
Thank you for your feedback Colin. I had hoped we managed to convey our horror and dismay to you about what happened at the time. We were with you within 15 minutes of you reporting the incidents to us and Brian helped you report the vandalism at the police station. It is usually a quiet street and you were very unfortunate that it wasn't that night. The last thing I say to guests is that they should contact us if there are any problems. We are registered landlords with Dumfries and Galloway council and take that role very seriously. Perhaps I should have said that we would help sort out any noise complaints. I'm sorry I didn't reassure you on that aspect. We compensated you as soon as we could for the lost night. When you wrote this review on 7/1 we were still in discussion with our insurers to find the best way of compensating you so you didn't have to go through your own insurers. We finalised things from our end on 8/1 and I sent a cheque on the 9th, which you have since cashed. I am truly sorry you felt we were backtracking and totally rejecting any responsibility. This is not how we want to operate and we always endeavour to put guests' comfort and happiness first.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing