All reviewsbaked eggsno liftmetro hotelcompact roomgrand roommodern hotelgreat wee hotelpower showerthird floorferry terminalcentral locationsmoked salmonbreakfast roomstayed for one nighthaggiscomfortable bedcar park
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Just returned from our second visit to The Ranald and have to say again how fantastic it is. The hotel itself is beautiful, the rooms were spotless and very comfortable and the staff were brilliant so friendly and helpful. Can’t wait to come back for another visit.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Nicola M, Manager at The Ranald Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Thank you for rating The Ranald Hotel 5*, I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Just spent 2 nights in the Ranald Hotel and wasn't disappointed, we were in one of the grand rooms which was very spacious, clean and comfortable, the breakfast was a continental with plenty to choice from and I can highly recommend the Scottish pancakes they are delicious, the staff were very friendly and helpful and made our stay all the better will definitely be staying in the Ranald Hotel on our next trip to Oban

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Nicola M, Manager at The Ranald Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Many thanks for your 5* review. We really do appreciate your feedback and i am delighted you enjoyed your stay here at The Ranald Hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Two nights spend in one of the grand rooms were excellent. Large and roomy though only a view of a quarry wall but while your out during the day and sleeping at night why pay for a view. Friendly and welcoming staff helped to make the stay easier. The help yourself breakfast without any cooked portion was different but certainly tasty. Only downside though a minor one was the room temperature warm would be an understatement. All said and done we'd like to say "we'll be back" at some point in the future.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Nicola M, Manager at The Ranald Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Thank you for reviewing The Ranald Hotel, we appreciate all feedback from our guests.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be both welcoming and friendly! I am also glad that you found our breakfast both appetising and enjoyable. I apologise for the heat in the rooms, however all our rooms are supplied with a fan in order to help, may the rooms get hot.

We all look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay!

Many thanks.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed with wife and two kids. Room was able to accommodate two beds and pullout couch bit barely enough room to even change beyond the beds. Towel rack was heating despite it being very hot this time of year making room even hotter. Fan full of dust and in bad need of clean. Rooms modern on bright side. Staff not very friendly and ran out of pancakes despite being there one hour before end of breakfast. Staff also VERY slow to clean one of the few tables for four after sitting down. Car park only valid from 6pm to 9am. Overall could use some work on staff attentiveness to raise ratings

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Nicola M, Manager at The Ranald Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. All feedback is appreciated good or bad. I am sorry to see that the room wasn't all you expected for space. The towel rails in all the bathrooms are adjustable for guests to either have them on or off I am sorry you never made any member of staff aware of this issue in order to help you. We don't advertise car parking but we do let all our guests know that there is car parking on the street out the front of the hotel that is free from 6pm - 9am and is valid 24hrs a day you just have to pay a small fee at the ticket meter located next to the front door. All our staff here at The Ranald Hotel aim to be as friendly and helpful as possible to all of our guests, I can only apologise if you found us to be anything other than that.

We hope you would consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Once again we have returned to The Ranald Hotel and have visited this at least three times a year since it opened in September 2012 and would say that the standards of the hotel in their decor has not deteriorated in this time, Rooms are always clean and the size of rooms are adequate for what you need, and we always find them very comfortable.

What we did find very disappointing on this trip, was the lack of choice for Breakfast with having no Baked Eggs due to the oven being broken, which I notice with another review, has been broken for over three weeks, surely something else should have been put in place, not everyone likes scrambled eggs done in a microwave, (not unless they’re done correctly), usually in the past when I had my Breakfast, I was happy with what I had ate, not this time, you shouldn’t need to leave a hotel in the morning to go looking for something to eat, especially with what you’re paying.

I also feel that your staff are losing their personal touch, not all staff may I say, but some really need some training in hospitality, as we didn’t feel the same as we normally do. Hopefully you’ll get your issues resolved before you start losing guests to your competitors. I usually give you full marks, but not on this occasion…

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to review The Ranald Hotel. We appreciate all feedback good or bad s it helps us to improve for new and returning guests in the future.

In regards to your complaints I can only apologise for this and again say that this is not how we intend to work in this hotel. I have raised this matter with all staff and been in touch with yourself directly to arrange something for your next visit with us. I hope this helps to give you a better impression of our hotel and I hope you will enjoy coming back and stay with us again.

Many thanks,