1,071 results
All reviewsjacuzzi bathsea viewbuffet stylesea frontbar menulovely hotelparking is limitedmain buildinghotel barfirst floorsingle roomtown centrestreet parkingnight stayhotel is situatedparking spacekippers
Reviewed 23 April 2017

I work in Oban for a week in every month and have done for longer than I care to remember and try to avoid the hotels as much as possible as my preference is for the 4* guest houses that provide a great service for single travellers. On my last visit my preferred locations could not take me so I had a look at Booking.com and found a reasonable deal at this hotel that showed up well on TA. I had stayed here years ago when it was under different ownership and vowed never to return - never say never. I had a very comfortable stay in a smallish but well equipped single room with a large bathroom and with a single bed that I (6' 1") just about fitted. Breakfast buffet was excellent with a large and varied choice and I was impressed that the fried eggs came soft and not like rubber as in much larger branded hotels. I had one bar meal that was delicious and of the hotel's restaurant standard although, if you are large meal inclined, you may need more than one course. The staff were extremely polite and very efficient and the room was fresh and immaculate. In common with all the hotels on Corran Esplanade parking on site is at a premium but on road parking is generally available although this may change if the Council gets its way and extends the yellow lines. The only downside was the slow shower and the lack of ventilation in the bathroom but this can be encountered in the majority of hotels these days. The only solution to a mist free mirror for shaving is to leave the door open let the steam invade the room and mist the window. At £60 per night the hotel is well worth a try.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank thebooler
BW_The_Queens_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Muthu Queens Oban Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Hello thebooler,

Thank you very much for leaving a review of the hotel following your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you returned after a less than enjoyable experience on your last visit, and even more so that you found your stay welcoming, comfortable and good value for money.

We have limited parking on site but as you say there is ample unrestricted parking on the road opposite; I hope you found a space without too much inconvenience.
I am sorry to hear you had some issues with the shower and steam in the room and hope the team were able to assist you with this matter.

I will pass on your lovely feedback to the rest of the team and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Overnight stay for 7 tired bikers!

The hotel itself has seen refurbishment in places and looks to be an ongoing project. We had 4 twin rooms to the rear of the hotel which looked to be recently refurbished and had whirlpool baths which were a nice touch and would have been used if we had stayed longer. The bar and lounge area are modern and pleasent. Overall the hotel is very clean and well presented.

On arrival we recieved a warm welcome from the reception staff who worked together well and one also ran the bar. The lady on reception could not do enough to help and not only reserved a table in a local resturant but also found a local garage open on bank holiday monday which had a replacement battery for one of the groups motorbike!
The staff at breakfast were friendly and helpful and we recievced a nice farewell. In all we would have gladly spent a few more days here but other comittments prevented us from doing so!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank adam k
BW_The_Queens_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Muthu Queens Oban Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Hi adam k,

Thank you very much for reviewing the hotel following your overnight stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you were looked after from start to finish and that our team were even able to assist one of you with the bike battery.
We are very lucky to have a great team here so it is always nice to get good customer feedback.

I will pass on your comments and look forward to welcoming you all back in the future - perhaps for a longer visit next time!

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend booked this hotel for easter weekend as a break for us. From start to finish we couldn't fault anything about this hotel. We were met by the friendly receptionist as we arrived and she checked us in and made sure we got parked ok. Parking could be increased as it is very tight and not many spaces. The room was gorgeous with a view of the bay of oban. The bed is very comfortable and bathroom very clean. The breakfast provided is also brilliant and cooked freshly to help yourself. Can't wait to return to this hotel in the future and would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in oban for a break.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank clairebbz91

Hello clairebbz91,

Thank you for leaving a great review following your weekend break in Oban. We are so pleased to hear you had a great time and enjoyed the views of the bay from your room - we agree it is beautiful and well worth booking a bay view room.

Parking is very tight across all of Oban unfortunately, but I am glad to hear you were assisted on arrival.

I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Stayed recently for 5 days. From the warm welcome from reception staff till the farewells, our stay was fabulous. All the staff from management to waiters & waitresses were all very well mannered and could not be more helpful. We must single out Sonya who made our meal times more enjoyable with her banter. Breakfasts were well cooked and plentiful. There was a wide and varied menu to choose from. We ate dinner within the hotel on two evenings. The menu was again varied to suit from burgers to fine dining. We were not disappointed on either occasion and approached the chef himself to congratulate his skills. The ambiance and decor was stunning. The views over the bay outstanding. Our overall experience, having been in many, many hotels worldwide was that this small 'family' run hotel is up there with the best.
You would be daft to stay elsewhere whilst in Oban.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank blairboy2017

Hi blairboy2017,

Thank you so much for the great review of the hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to enjoy both the spectacular bay views and our on site bar/restaurant whilst here.
We are very fortunate to have a hard working and committed team here so it is always rewarding to hear that we are making guests happy; I will pass on your feedback to Sona and the rest of the team and really hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

It is not a fancy hotel, but i makes it up with its charm. We had two rooms facing the bay, highly recommended, with great views. The service was great and the rooms very comfortable. The breakfast had the usual fare and was adequate. We definitely stay again if in the area.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Walk-a-bout0606

Hello Walk-a-bout0606,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent trip to Oban. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you got to experience two of our front facing rooms as the views over the bay really are beautiful.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.