All reviews highland heritage coach driver ian cleaver coach holiday sea view coach parties long journey evening entertainment seil island breakfast and dinner lovely position biscuits bar prices oban bay haggis twin beds single room
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

A lovely hotel, perfect location looking over Oban Bay. Rooms are clean. Food is good and the staff are extremely hard working and very helpful. We booked with Highland Heritage and although it is a very long journey which includes loads of pickup points it was lovely. Once in Scotland our coach driver Alan was brilliant, his knowledge of the area was amazing and his driving on the narrow roads with approaching large vehicles was excellent. I've never been on this type of holiday before but we came with my dad who celebrated his 80th birthday whilst here is a regular. We came specifically to Oban as it was my late moms favourite and dad wanted to share it with us. Unfortunately due to the weather there were thinks we couldn't do, but dad says we will come again to do them. It is regimented but not in a bad way. I would recommend the trip to anyone,

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol P
High-Herit, Public Relations Manager at Muthu Alexandra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Hi Carol P

Many thanks for your great review, we do apologise about the weather but hopefully on your next trip it will be a sunny one for you. I hope your Dad had a great 80th Birthday and look forward to seeing him on his 81st!!! All the best from the HH team.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Everything on this holiday was top notch,rooms staff meals entertainment drivers days out,best hotel we have ever stayed in,\thanks to everyone at this hard working company. We will defiantly be going back again to the Alexandra Hotel. Thank you all so much.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms a must if you like watching the world go by.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Hi screenjohn

Thanks you for taking time to review us!

Our staff get an immense amount of satisfaction from the knowledge of having made clients holidays so pleasurable. I will forward this review on to the staff and flag it up with our MD Mr Cleaver. Please come back to Oban and visit us soon. All the best from the HH team.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

If you like to be treated as a child, then travel with this company.The only pluses I can say were the trips were v good and the hotel was passable, but everything is ridiculously regimented. Mealtimes had to be to the minute, and although the staff are pleasant, they are also all foreign,and there is a big language problem especially at mealtimes. There is no night porter, and no phone in the rooms, the front door is locked at 11-45PM, and you are locked out. There is also a stupid rule that everyday you must move 3 seats backwards on the coach no exceptions, if you are bad on your pins tough.

Room Tip: Floor rooms best access.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mr G M
Reviewed 3 September 2016

We have just returned from 8 lovely SUNNY days in Oban.We originally booked an 8 day Platinum Holiday for my mother as a Xmas gift she had visited all the Highland Heritage hotels with my stepfather except for The Alexandra which was next on their list,they had always had great things to say unfortunately my stepfather past away before they could visit The Alexandra hence the Xmas gift, although we had booked coach travel for mum as she loves coach holidays we decided at the last minute to accompany her but decided to travel up in our own car as my health is not great so she travelled with us. We were worried we would be the youngest there and it might not be for us but we have come away knowing we will return. We paid a supplement for a single room and sea view for mum and another for a sea view and large double for ourselves, we can highly recommend room 2 its amazing. The sea view makes this hotel so we would recommend paying the supplement if available. Both rooms were spotless and although we arrived earlier than expected we were made very welcome and our rooms were ready, fruit, wine, tea/coffee slippers and robes etc were in each room.We cannot write a review without mentioning ALL the staff which make this hotel a lovely place to stay nothing is too much trouble and we can honestly say in all our extensive travel we have never seen such hard workers who always have a smile for you, I do hope the management appreciate what great staff they have, We took breakfast and evening meal which we had no complaints with plenty of variety and nicely cooked The Highland night was lovely a little music playing would have added to the whole atmosphere. The entertainment was 90% ok one chap on the accordion didn't go down well. It should probably should start half an hour earlier as a lot of people were going to bed at ten because of the long trips they had been on or were going on the next day, which left only a few of us left. We didn't go on all the trips as some were far too long for me. We will defiantly return but again would travel by car.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with HP Windows 10
1  Thank chris r
High-Herit, Public Relations Manager at Muthu Alexandra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Hi chris r

Many thanks for your brilliant review of Highland Heritage Coach Tours and the Alexandra Hotel, I will pass your wonderful comments on to our staff. If your considering coming by car why don't you try our Alexandra Apartments, they offer fantastic value for money and free parking. Please come back and visit us soon, all the Best from the HH team

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Ours was a four night stay as part of a five day Coach Holiday. The situation of the Hotel is spot on. The sea views over the bay are superb, especially at sunset. The Hotel is clean and well run. The staff are Eastern European and could not be more helpful. Food is good and there is a choice on the menu. I get the impression that the owner has high standards, but having difficulty in getting the same standard from the maintenance staff as some small thing let the side down rather. Silly things like toilet seats loose or badly fitted, noisy taps due to wear, toilet roll holders hanging loose. Just small things. Entertainment each night was varied with no Bingo. My wife and I enjoyed our time there.

Room Tip: Sea views are at the front. Lovely outlook.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
High-Herit, Public Relations Manager at Muthu Alexandra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Hi John L, many thanks for taking time to write such a great review of the Alexandra Hotel, Oban. Regarding your comments I will pass these on to the Hotel manager to investigate further. Please come back and visit us soon, all the best from the HH team.