See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Although this place was relatively cheap we were still rather disappointed. There was no-one in attendance at the actual house, (Glendale), when we arrived so we had to walk up the road to one of the sister guest house to find someone to check us in. The room was up in the attic so consequently small and cramped. The shower barely worked as it was extremely hard to turn the control dial.
I would only stay again if there was no other alternative.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
glendale-guesthouse, Owner at Glendale Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2015

sorry you did not enjoy your stay, it is unfortunate we can't please everyone although we try.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Nice family run guesthouse, great location, a bit dated but not worn at all, nicely furnished en-suite rooms, kettle and tea/coffee sets, old TV but good selection of channels, central heating and seperate shower water heater.

Helpful staff, booked last minute on site a night before when we decided to extend our stay in Oban, and checked in the next evening, staff were helpful and pleasant on both occasions. Room is serviced everyday with new floor towels, everything appears to be clean.

Overall a really enjoyable stay, quality is pretty good compared to offerings in the same price category. Would stay again.

Date of stay: August 2014

thank so much for your review I am glad you had a nice stay,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband booked two rooms in this guesthouse for us to stay one night on Sunday 27th July 2014 with our daughter. Having paid at the guesthouse next door we were given the keys to our rooms. My daughter and I entered the double room and couldn't believe the state of it. The bed sheets were marked and stained. There were also hairs all over the sheets, the duvet cover was ripped, the walls damp and the wallpaper was indeed peeling off. Having read the other damning reports re this place I can confirm that it is all true. I wish that I had read these reports before we booked. However I refused to stay and we were ,after some discussion with Margaret , refunded all of our money.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kim W
glendale-guesthouse, Owner at Glendale Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Having no discussion what so ever other than that I had to phone laterooms to see if they would refund me before refunding yourself.
As for damp and wall paper obviously read someone's review and decided to say the same.
I checked the room after you left and couldn't find any dirt.
You where bothered because your daughter was on a different floor to you which you didn't specify on your booking.
Anyway some one took the room shortly after and was happy with it.
We can't please everyone but all the best and thanks for your comment!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We chose this room last minute due to lack of availability. Firstly all 3 guesthouses are on a very busy road. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. There was only one pillow each and the radiator was faulty and on full power during a hot week. There were black marks on the carpet. The next morning we had to ask for more pillows, towels etc. The owner then.accused us of making the marks on the carpet and basically called us liars not once but 3 times when we told her the marks were already there! The asst. Manager advised us she was stressed so we said not to worry about cleaning the room. To our surprise the tea cups and Glasses weren't even cleaned nor was the milk replenished for our second day. There's a reason why this is the cheapest guest house. Oh and if you want breakfast you need to go to their other guesthouse!

Date of stay: July 2014
glendale-guesthouse, Owner at Glendale Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear madam,
I will start by saying this review is very much false,
The couple where checked in and the room was clean and no spots on the carpet. No complaints where made.
The next morning the housemaid knocked on there door and the gent came out to say they didn't want there room serviced they just wanted more towels and pillows as to which the housemaid said she would bring them back up to them.
She went to report to me that there was black marks on the carpet that wasn't there last night and ask for something to clean it with and after trying different solutions it came out. But when she noticed the towels still sitting outside the room she decided to put them in the room to find more black spots on the carpet all over the room and Lynol in the en-suite and all over the bath mat and the sink was covered in foundation and so was part of the carpet. May I add it defenetly wasn't there when they checked in. So the lady came to ask for pillows which the girl was aware and was going to put in the room but was worrying more about how to save the carpet to make sure the guests don't have to be claimed for a knew carpet.
I the owner asked the lady nicely when she came to ask for more pillows what had been spilt on the carpet so we can find a solution to take it out(my mother in law also heard the whole conversation)
And she said it was already there when she checked in,I have picture it's so obvious that you couldn't miss it.
I said it defenetly. wasn't there but if your not going to tell me then there is no point reasoning with you.
I asked if it was there why did she not come to complain or even upon check in say oh what's this?
Or say something to me- her reply was because we are not going to sleep on the floor.????
Anyway way after 2hours of scrubbing the carpet on my hands and knees we have saved the carpet and they got there pillows.

As for the cups , as said above they didn't want there room serviced so we didn't touch the room other than scrub the carpet as if it had dried in it might not have come out.

The room was defenetly cleaned and the carpet was clean apron there arrival,

It's ashamed that people don't respect other peop,e properties at times.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I also stayed here for 1 night July 2014 I knew it was only £50 per night and you get what you pay for but at least give me clean sheets! Room 7 shared bathroom which was just run down and dirty. The room itself had wallpaper peeling off the bed linen was time worn and old,and don't try and turn over on the mattress as you'd wake the house up. Very disappointed in the room and the breakfast was cheap,t.bags cheap beans cheap even the cereal was cheap!! I just left it all.So do not tell me I have lied about anything I've stated in this report!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosie G

Dear sir/madam
You are very right you did not stay at glendale guesthouse because we do not have any shared shower rooms here, they are all en-suite and room 7 is a single en-suite room. You how ever meant to say you stayed in torlundy just to get that fact right.
As for cereals and tea bags I think you feel it is cheap but you don't know what the brands are is that fair to say?
As for the wallpaper abit beside the heater which had not been brought to my attention till now but has now been clued back on.
As for sheets nothing was brought to my attention.
You should have mention this to me.
One thing I will say is you booked a budget room.
A lot of the time people expect champagne for low prices which in this day in age is impossible to do. I have taken your comments on bored and have asked the girls to make sure they look out for things such as the wallpaper.