2,714 results
All reviews course taster menu loch fyne leisure facilities hot tub steam room a la carte menu crerar hotel relaxing break lovely hotel both nights night break restaurant staff george hotel beautiful location bar prices bed and breakfast short break
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Visited here several times & our recent stay was perfect. We love to relax in the pool area & spa, it’s truly bliss. Following this we had dinner, steak always of the finest quality. We love going walks around the hotel or into Inveraray. Would really recommend this hotel for a couples weekend away. Breakfast is also to a really high standard, made to order its perfect. Totally love this hotel, it’s food & the surroundings. Can’t wait to come back. Thank you for our beautiful stay.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marc G, General Manager at Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Laurie B Thank you so much for such a fantastic review, I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and to read such kind words about our business really is great. Indeed our food is such a big part of the experience at Loch Fyne, Thank you for yoru recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

My hisbamd and I stayed for a night after leaving the Islay ferry. We booked our room about a month ago. We knew we didn't want to drive all the way to Glasgow and after researching the property this looked the right place. Wrong!

This property is in dire need of an upgrade all around. We checked in around 6:30 so perhaps we got the last, and least wanted, room. The carpets throughout the property are threadbare, the rooms are quite small which I can live with but everything was old and tired. Beds are terrible and got the worst night of sleep since we began our holiday.

On the plus side there is a pool, sauna and spa and these facilities are very clean. And we did have a lovely dinner as well as breakfast cooked to order which was included in the package.

Staff is friendly and attentive but would honestly not recommend this property for a relaxing clean room.

Disappointed!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Christine T
Marc G, General Manager at Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Christine T, Thank you for your recent review and indeed your great feedback about our team, our dinner, breakfast and cleanliness of our leisure club and spa. My sincere apologies if you found your room to be quite small and tired. We do have lots of different shapes and sizes of bedroom here at Loch Fyne from Petite doubles up to our junior suites, along with a rolling refurbishment to allow us to remain open all year long. I do wish that I had the opportunity to talk to you during your stay directly, to enable me to deal with any issues while you were here. I do hope that you will allow me the opportunity to restore your confidence in the future, as I am keen to prove we are better.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We visited the hotel for a two night stay and had a lovely break,the accommodation was good with the exception of the bedroom carpet which was well worn along the foot of the bed,we ate in the restaraunt, the food was excellent,it was only a 10 minute walk into the town,the staff were were attentive and nothing was to much trouble,we will return again

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marc G, General Manager at Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Denis L, Thank you for your 4 star review, and indeed your super comments about our food here at Loch Fyne, I will be sure to let Chef know. I am delighted that you found my team to be attentive and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel for Birthday weekend away. We love Loch Fyne and the photos of this hotel and spa looked really nice.

We arrived a little early, checked in and had lunch, which was nice enough. We were then given our key for our room (20) in the old wing. As we opened the door and entered our hearts sank; tiny room, peeling wallpaper, thread bare carpet, extremely dated bathroom with a poor flushing toilet, mouldy windows and old mismatched furniture. It was a 3 Star at a push, never mind a 4 Star.

I spoke to the manager who immediately moved us to another room in the new wing. This room was better but still nowhere near a 4star rating. I have stayed in nicer hostels to be honest.

We made use of the spa, which from the photos looked luxurious and peaceful. Again the photos are very generous, the spa is very dated and basic. My local gym has better quality equipment.

The staff were very friendly, but more than a little chaotic. Most did not seem to know what they were doing, especially in the restaurant, where they keep forgetting items or bring the wrong ones.

I was most disappointed with hotel and will not be returning or recommending, unless it undergoes a major update.

1  Thank SJCarey
Marc G, General Manager at Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear SJCarey, Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Guest feedback really is vital to help us achieve and exceed our guest expectations, and I encourage all guests to advise us if there is something we can do to enhance their stay further. While I am pleased that we were able to relocate you during your stay with us, I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I will of course ensure the issues you raise are rectified, along with the relevant guidance and retraining given where required. I do hope that you will allow me the opportunity in the future to correct our mistakes.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for the weekend as a family of 6. Really lovely, peaceful location! Rooms were basic but really warm (a bonus for a cold body like me though my husband was a little too toasty!!) the food was lovely and the manager of the dining room was very friendly and attentive- made sure he spoke to all guests! Good selection of tasty food although we had a vegetarian in our party and the choice on the main dinner menu was a little limited! The restaurant was always busy and sometimes it took a little while to be served but the quality and presentation of the food made up for this easily! We used the spa which was nice. I think we caught the outdoor hot tub on a bad day as it was quite cool but we loved the concept! Overall a lovely stay in a good hotel in a beautiful part of the country- we would return.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Faith0384, Thank you so much for your lovely review, I am delighted that you all enjoyed a family break with us, here on the banks of loch Fyne.
Thank you also for your super feedback about our restaurant and indeed the team here at Loch Fyne. Indeed I will of course pass this onto them, they will be thrilled.
We do have a fantastic location, and I do hope that you will visit us again very soon.