All reviews coffee shop newer part shaving kit stained glass shower over the bath lovely hotel dining room good size steak night function suite evening meal room was large quiet location salmon enjoyed our stay short break high standard
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Very nice hotel. I had one of the new rooms which is very nice! Modern room, modern bathroom, the shower was great. Water, coffee, chocolate, cappuccino, biscuits in the room... The bathroom had everything you'd need. From the shampoo & conditioner to toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving kit, sewing kit, beauty kit.... I even had a night kit!
The restaurant though, it's ok... the food I had was great but just a bit old fashioned and not my type of menu.. but that's just taste. Apart from that it was great!!

Room tip: New refurb rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2017

had a very nice stay for 2 nights here on 24/03/17.the staff were all very helpful and pleasant.our room (15) was well appointed and clean with modern decor and an up to date shower room.we ate on one night and the food was excellent.the breakfast was also well varied and tasty.the hotel was well situated and only 5 mins walk from the town centre.would definately stay here again.

big geo carnwath.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I was looking for a home in Montrose, so used the hotel as my base whilst I viewed a couple of properties. I took my mum along for support and we had the best time- the room was very well appointed, impeccable to the point of luxurious for the price. The bathroom was beautifully spacious with a large power shower and great products. We had robes and slippers - something you don't always get in some higher end hotels, so it felt like attention to detail is key here. Iron and ironing board as well as good quality hairdryer and good TV. The building has some beautiful original features and retains a lot of charm and character yet is fully equipped for the modern traveller- shabby chic it's not!

We had guests who joined us for breakfast, lunch and dinner and each time they commented on the quality of the food- I would go so far as to say it's the best scrambled eggs I have had in a hotel in a LONG time!

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed here on business and I was very disappointed with overall experience . I was in room 7. Rooms very strange as some parts are very modern and decor nice, however bathroom tired and shabby. Shower was a disaster trying to get water to correct temperature . In room tv only had 2 channels that I could get a signal for - bbc1 and bbc2 . Phoned reception and they were absolutely no help at all and advised they would fix in morning- not much use when you are only there for 1 night .
Only positive thing was the breakfast- cooked to order and very tasty

This could be a lovely hotel , but overall this was a very poor experience . I would not rate 4 star for rooms or level of service

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Garry C
ParkHotelMontrose, General Manager at Links Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Dear Mr. C

I am sorry you had a problem with your television and I took your comments up with the Receptionist on duty on the night you stayed. When you phoned to tell us about the problem, she offered to send the Duty Manager up to check it for you but you told her that it was late and you could still get BBC1 and BBC2. Reception said we have would have someone in to look at it the following day. You commented that you were only staying for one night but at least we were aware there was an issue before the next guests staying in the room arrived.

We have been refurbishing the hotel over the last few years and your room was completed recently and your comments are appreciated. Several of the bathrooms are still to be done but I will have the shower checked and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

All of our guests are asked on check-out if they enjoyed their stay and it is a pity that you did not mention your issues at this time when we could have at least apologised on a more personal level.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

We were lucky enough time spend a weekend here as a couple with elderly Mum. From the start the service was excellent from the reception staff, waitresses, bar staff and housekeeping . All were friendly and happy to go the extra mile especially for Mum.
The meals were delicious, cooked to a high standard and beautifully presented. Wish we'd had a longer stay to work our way through the menu!
Mum's room was lovely. She loved the decor. Our room was on the ground floor and had been renovated with lovely soft furnishings and comfortable bed. Only gripe I have is our bathroom. That too had been renovated but the old shower head had been kept which kept falling down. It is a pity there was not a freestanding shower also. I have mobility problems and it was difficult to step into the bath to use the shower.
All in all I can highly recommend this hotel and we hope to be back. Big well done everybody

Date of stay: February 2017