“Best Restaurant in Angus”

Strathmore Arms The
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Forfar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’m a regular at Strathmore Arms, great food and a lovely cosy atmosphere. Highly recommended if you are in the area!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was in Kirriemuir today and decided to have lunch out. As previous bad experiences in Kirrie we thought we'd pop over to Glamis and were lucky to get a table.

Braised lamb was really good, lots of flavours in the meat and gravy. Fresh vegetables - husband really enjoyed.

I opted for the vegetable strudel - asked for and was served chips rather that boiled potatoes. It was delicious! Couldn't manage all the chips and sale but ate the whole strudel.

No room for dessert so we paid the modest bill and left.

Service was good with friendly and helpful staff - meal took a wee while to be served but was well worth the wait.

Very clean (dining tea and toilets).

We'll be back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a retirement dinner here last night for my Mum, and the whole night couldn’t have been any better.
I’d like to that all of the staff for the great service, and in particular Gemma who went out of her way for us.
The room looked stunning, the table was decorated was gorgeous flowers and the food was absolutely amazing.
Thanks you so so much and we can’t wait to come back!
Lisa

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This place does the best steak, honestly it's always amazing and huge. On days my budget doesn't quite stretch to the steak, which it's actually most days, I either have the goats cheese starter and the nachos (one after the other, not together) or the lasagne. Love it!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We were very impressed with our food - we had a lamb, and a venison stew main, both of which were absolutely delicious, and generously portioned. We also had the melon, and the pate starters, of which the pate starter was a particular highlight. My husband also had a very well poured pint of Guinness. Staff were very friendly and attentive and we thoroughly enjoyed our entire meal. Would highly recommend eating and drinking here.