All reviewscrispscar parkbottled waterthe usual tea coffeeeggs cooked to ordergroupon voucherwelcome hamperhousing estatekit katcity centremain roadsingle roombuffet stylefamily rooma wee bitfantastic valuebreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 11 April 2016

Found this hotel to be extremely clean and comfortable, staff very well mannered and welcoming, very helpful and went out of their way to make sure my stay was a good one. Breakfast has a large selection of choice to suit anyone, fresh fruit, yogurt, jams and honey, toast , full breakfast and more, could not fault this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
bwsummerhillAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Dear K7247PTpatriciap

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your highly positive views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the team which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, our guests feedback is always appreciated as only through our guests comments do we know we are achieving our set standards.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

I was awed by the room I was put in whilst on Business in Aberdeen - compared to may it was massive and had a near Kitchen Area to boot! Cupboards with Cutlery & Crockery, a Microwave, work surface & Sink and a Fridge.
The welcome basket housed Crisps, choc bars, biscuits and both Sparkling & Still Water. There were more chocolates in the Fridge along with more bottles of water, Apple Juice & Orange Juice - amazing freebies!
The room was spotlessly clean and the only one issue was the Microwave was out of service - not that I was going to use it.
Evening meal in the restaurant was average, breakfast was much better and I gorged on it!
Staff were also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Dear Colin H

Please accept our apologies that dinner service was less than favourable, I will be discussing this with the chef as this is unacceptable there is no excuse for inferior service and standards.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 6 April 2016

This is our 3rd stay here. I must say disappointed this time. This was the worst room we have stayed in it was smaller than the last two and the shower tray was badly chipped and it had ground in dirt. We also discovered under the sink the bin in the cupboard hadn't been emptied and by the smell of it not for a few days!! We had no warning that their was a 18th birthday party on the same night we stayed even when we checked in we were not told. We discovered it by ourselves when we went down the stairs and saw the banners on the function room doors. It didn't really matter to us much as we were going out anyway. But we arrived back to a lot of young people hanging around smoking, spitting outside the door we had our child with us so he felt a bit wary walking past them. When my husband went down a bit later to go outside for a smoke he got insulted by one of the young people he was wearing his Help for Heroes top on and they insulted him for being a soldier. But the good thing about the room is that we didn't hear the music from the party or any of the outside noise as our room faced the back of the hotel. So we got to sleep alright and I was woken up by someone or some people shouting in the corridor outside our room in the early hours. We complained to reception about the shouting and my husband getting insulted when we checked out, the receptionist was very apologetic and took note of our complaint. When we arrived home we got an email from the manager apologising again. I was really impressed with the way the staff dealt with the complaint.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Dear ScotlandNicky7

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I will admit we have seriously let ourselves down and there are no excuses for this the room was most certainly not to our usual standard and this will be discussed with the team as we have always received excellent feedback regarding our rooms.

We try to solve all issues within an acceptable timeframe as we take all comments seriously and will always investigate to ensure we can solve any issues in a timely fashion.

I do hope this will not put you off staying with us in the future, should you be in the area again please contact our reception team and they will ensure a complimentary upgrade of your accommodation.

Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

The food in this hotel is bordering on illegal .

I have been staying here for around 3 weeks now through the my choice of my company logistics team (not me)

My first night I ordered a Caesar salad as a I thought I'd go for the only "healthy option" on the menu . When it arrived the lettuce was brown edged and saggy, the chicken was dry and the croutons seemed to have been deeped fried in the same frier they done the fish as they tasted like haddock .
This ain't masterchef, I know, but I spent the rest of my night contemplating what John and Greg would've made of all this.

The food hasn't got any better, between me and my workmates we have not been fed one decent meal in 3 weeks.

Last night was the final straw , my friend , who used to be in the navy and was basically served sawdust for 10 years, was given a house burger with bacon. The burger was served cold and pink in the middle and the bacon was completely raw.
He complained which doesn't seem to make any difference here.

We are now speaking to our logistics manager to tell him we don't want booked into the Summerhill again as the food is an absolute disgrace .

We are workmen and easily pleased, my dogs wouldn't be pleased by this food.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business