All reviewsspeedbird innaberdeen airportcourtesy bushire caran early morning flightseparate buildinga couple of minutes walkreception staff arebar and restaurantgood sizebed was comfortableovernight stayrestaurant staffbudget hotelgood nights sleeptaxiproximity
Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed overnight between flights on our way home from Paris. Cheap and cheerful. Girl at reception when we booked in was very friendly and helpful and offered our 5 year old a small activity pack which included crayons, colouring book and stickers. Bed a little uncomfortable and decor a little tired, but for the price and for a quick overnight stop it was great value.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Karen D, General Manager at Leonardo Inn Hotel Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2015

Dear Peter

Thank you for taking time to write feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Speedbird Inn. I am delighted you had a pleasant stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Speedbird Inn

Karen Day

Reviewed 7 July 2015

The Speedbird is a very clean, friendly hotel close to all areas I need to be. The rooms are very tidy. Staff go out of their way to accommodate you. Their shuttle service is fantastic. Meals next door at the Captain's Flying Club are very good & reasonably price, I recommend the beans benedict. The airport is walking distance from the hotel so you don't have to worry about traffic. Great spot to stay.

Room Tip: For a very comfortable room, ask for a suite, but all rooms are nice
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason H

Thank you Jason for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Karen Day

Reviewed 7 July 2015

I have been staying at the Speedbird for a stopover on my way to and from work offshore for the past 10 years. My review will be based on the the double twin rooms normally booked by my company. Some Pros are the location, within walking distance of the airport and some heliports. Shuttle service offered which needs to be booked for early morning departures as the bus fills up fast. Most of the staff for the most part are friendly, some more friendlier than others. The rooms are clean and offer free WiFi. The Restaurant is Hit or Miss sometimes good, sometimes not so good. I have had the wrong order show up on a couple of occasions, twice left the restaurant after not getting any food after waiting an hour for it. The Bar area is small but recently renovated and can be a bit busy in the evenings. The small twin beds are not comfortable and the shower in the bathroom has poor water pressure. Please note I have stayed in the higher end rooms and the beds are much more comfortable and the showers with tubs had very good water pressure. I have never stayed in the club section building so I can't comment on these rooms. Overall the Speedbird is conveniently located near the airport, clean rooms, with friendly staff and I would recommend staying for a short stay.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank detour97

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Speedbird Inn and I am delighted that you would recommend us for a shortbreak.

We look forward you back soon

Reviewed 21 May 2015 via mobile

The restaurant makes faulty towers seem like the most organised establishment. I don't think there was a single thing they got right. The hotel is fine like any Premier Inn or Travelodge. Just keep clear of their restaurant.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stephen F
Karen D, General Manager at Leonardo Inn Hotel Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2015

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read you did not have a positive experience in in our restaurant. Unfortunately, you do not go into any detail and I would like to look in to this deeper for you. I wonder if you would be kind enough to drop me an email detailing your experience, as here at the Speedbird Inn we strive to meet the needs of all our customers. I will fully investigate your comments and will reply to as soon as possible. I thank you once again as it is through customer feedback that we can improve.

My email is manager@speedbirdinns.co.uk

Reviewed 16 May 2015 via mobile

I had a good stay at the Speedbird Inn the day before i left Aberdeen. The rooms were clean and spacious and it is located conveniently near the airport, the reception staff were pleasant and efficient.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Radiah A
Karen D, General Manager at Leonardo Inn Hotel Aberdeen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2015

Thank you for your kind words about the Speedbird Inn, much appreciated.

King Regards