Ibis Aberdeen Centre
Jurys Inn(Aberdeen)
Station Hotel(Aberdeen)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,099 results
All reviewsunion streetvue cinemamaritime museumcar park next doorreduced ratemain shoppingcentral locationper daytea and coffee facilitiesaberdeen centrecomfy bedtrain and bus stationexcellent locationshower roomshort staykey cardgood nights sleep
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

location is fine for city centre. room was a decent size ,soap/gel in the toilet was good. BUT. air con is useless. had to open the window all night which lets in the road noise and could not sleep ,even on the 4th floor it was very noisy

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The building facade was pleasant, though not memorable. Of my companions however, did mention that it looked good from the outside. Check-in was painless, and that is a major plus point. The staff (Alicja) was able to find my reservation with no problem, and swiftly checked us in. It was surprising to find that the check-in was done in two separate areas, one with the computer to check the reservations (behind the desk), and another a short distance away in order to swipe and process the keycards for the rooms.

Alicja gave us a quick run down of the the food services, and bid us a pleasant stay. She also happily answered all our questions during the check-in without any noticeable grumpiness, and was in fact quite cheerful. Another plus for the iBis, especially given that it is known to be a budget chain (I've had worse reception at the larger full-fledged chains, so this was good)

The sole lift was fast, and I rarely had to queue to wait for it. My room was on the 5th floor, so it was a bit of a hike if I wanted to take the stairs (which I did on occasion, and I'm pleased to note that the option to do so is readily available, if a little hidden out of the way).

The room itself was not spacious, but it certainly fulfilled all the major points: clean linen, comfortable bed, no unpleasant plumbing surprises. The only issue I had was the trapped heat. As the window could not open beyond a few inches (this is a hotel safety policy, so I can't complain too loudly), air circulation was poor, and the climate control refused to do anything. How I got around it was to keep the blinds drawn and window perpetually open. This resulted in a lot of noise, but there's nothing to be done about that.

Water pressure in the shower was a bit weak, but adequate enough for our needs. Temperature was fine, and we had little to complain about in terms of drainage and the toilet. Everything was serviceable. Though admittedly, when showering, the steam built up rapidly and the "sanitation tube" (my own term for that capsule containing sink, shower, toilet) quickly became a wet sauna.

In terms of other facilities: ironing board and iron is available, though only on levels 2 and 3. To note, that they are literally locked down, and this makes usage difficult. I managed to work around it, even if it was an exercise in contorting my limbs a little. Plus, the ironing room is barely larger than the ironing board itself, so be prepared to steam a little in the trapped heat.

Food-wise, there was nothing to complain about. Both Luis and Marina were great, making sure things were always there, and used cutlery being cleared. The spread was adequate, and comparable to a lot of other hotels. There was a lovely mix of hot and cold items, and I must commend Marina and the team on handling the poached eggs and oats porridge well. I have not had such good ones in a long time.

Overall: The staff makes the hotel stay enjoyable. The hardware (furnishing,plumbing, temperatures) were making it a bit of a regret, but because of the great people there, it compensated.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Only can say good things about IBIS. The check-in was probably the fastest ever... but with all information I needed to know, the room was big enough and very comfortable. The service at the bar was fast, but I never tried the food at dinner. Breakfast has enough and for "as much as you want" I think £8.95 is a reasonable price.

The top at this hotel is the staff! It is literally a 5 star staff working in a 3 star hotel. A big thanks to the portuguese guy at the reception, he was a big help when asked for a restaurant for dinner and things to visit in Aberdeen. And thank you to Ali for printing the map that helped us not to get lost around the city centre.. =D

Room Tip: Even numbers have view over the harbour... higher the better. Room 416 (double room) has amazing views.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A perfect mix of location, value and service, this is an ideal business stopover in Aberdeen. A short walk to and from the rail station, which is attached to the main indoor shopping centre, only adds to the hotel as an additional benefit.

Special note of thanks to the multi tasking front of house staff who cover everything from check in to bar to concierge services - top notch!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Came here for a business trip managed to get no sleep , the food is diabolical and the staff are so rude was stood at bar for 5 mins before guy got off his phone to ecnolige me and started arguing with me for disturbing him will be writing into manager as this is out of order !!!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Sonya P, General Manager at Ibis Aberdeen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Nicole H,

Please let me begin with an apology.
At Ibis we want everyone to feel welcome in our hotel.
Our team uses mobile devices that look like mobile phones to check in guests, log payments and many other things.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss this any further.
Thank you once more for taking your time to tell us about your stay.

Kind regards,