All reviewsbeautiful hotelafternoon teacountry housewonderful weddingwedding partyrobert gordonwedding receptionbar pricesjunior suitecourse mealcooked breakfastboth morningsroom was largea lovely staylovely roompublic areasfollowing morning
Reviewed 5 August 2018

After a lot of searching, our daughter and fiancé decided they would like their wedding to be here.
Have to say that the Hotel did an amazing job.
OK, so for the price, the standards should be good and we are pleased to say they were. The young lady that did all of the wedding planning did an excellent job of making sure everything ran as smooth as clockwork.
The setting for a wedding is lovely. Its an attractive period building set in private, tranquil grounds.
The rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated with exceptionally comfortable beds and a nice, powerful shower.
The wedding meal and evening buffet were both amazing, compliments to the chef and service staff for making the day such a memorable one. Breakfast was tasty with lots of choice and again, more friendly, attentive staff.
Really, we couldn't fault any aspect of this Hotel. Everyone enjoyed the wedding, the Hotel has a really polished and professional way of making the event feel so personal and unique.
I've told the wife that if I divorce her, I'm getting married there myself next time.....just kidding!
Well done and thank you to all at Norwood Hall, you are doing a great job!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kugaman1
Gm N, General Manager at Macdonald Norwood Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your kind comments.

Delighted everyone had a fantastic day.

I will pass your feedback to the rest of the team.

Hopefully we will see you all again in the not too distant future !!

Best Regards , Ivan Franssen.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

supposed to be a 4 star hotel but would struggle to be a 3 star. Rooms are very tired and need an overhaul, some of the public areas are terrible ie corridor where the floor feels like its collapsing. The cooked breakfast was at best warm. Overall it badly needs refurbished.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 25 July 2018

The only reason I gave this hotel 2 stars was because the staff was very nice and caring. The hotel sits on beautiful grounds. The reception room was inviting. I thought to myself that this was going to be a good place to stay. After we received our key to the room, we walked in and boy we were very disappointed. It was small and had no appeal at all. The room was hot because the towel bar heater was on. There was trash left in the drawer of the end table. There was only one set of towels in the bathroom. We had to call to get someone to clean and bring us more towels. The bathroom tub is set up high, so getting down was quiet a difficult task. There was no ventilation in the bathroom which made the floor slippery. I had the bathroom mat on the floor. I stepped down onto it. It moved causing me to slip and fall. My face hit into the doorknob. I tried to hold on to the only thing I could reach for, but the towel bar was broken to begin with, so that did not help me at all. My fall was reported, and they did send someone to help me. She was very nice and brought me ice, but at that point, it was to late. I had a doorknob size lump and instant bruising on my cheek. A headache accompanied my pain. It was only centimeters from my eye. They need to do something about the slippery floors and some kind of bar to help you out of the shower. I guess you get what you pay for, a small dirty room with a bathroom in need of repairs. Maybe the more expensive rooms have safer bathrooms. Needless to say, the rest of my vacation I spent I pain. Book another place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an expensive room because they do not care about the character, cleanliness, and safety of the cheaper rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Gm N, General Manager at Macdonald Norwood Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback following your recent stay here at Norwood Hall hotel.

I was sorry to read that you had a fall and do hope you are feeling better now.

Your comments have been taken on board with regard to maintenance and cleanliness will be passed to the relevant
personnel.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff.

Best Regards , Ivan Franssen.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Stayed with family for a few days and our son and daughter in law's wedding was hosted here during the stay
The venue was excellent and our short stay could not be improved on
The staff were friendly and helpful throughout - nothing too much trouble
Rooms and facilities were high quality
Food at dinner and breakfast was very good with plenty of choice and some excellent wines available
Hotel is set in beautiful grounds a few minutes from central Aberdeen
Also they had been great with the wedding couple throughout the process of planning and booking the wedding as well as on the day

Room Tip: Superior Rooms are worth it
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Upon heck-in I was offered a complimentary upgrade without me even asking for it, which really made me happy. The staff were extremely helpful and nice.
The hotel was amazing both from outside and inside, with plenty of parking spaces around it.
The room was very clean and nice, and the size was amazingly large as well. The toilet area there was both bathtub and shower area. The toilet also was extremely large.

I tried there restaurant for dinner and the food and service were amazing. The price also was very good.
I really recommend this hotel and I'm sure I will book with them again.
Keep it up team.