All reviews flight path close to the airport aberdeen airport dvd player wet room plenty car parking compared to other hotels soup of the day breakfast was delicious nice hotel central heating sitting area business trip bed and pillows full scottish rooms are comfortable stayed one night
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Stayed one night on a business trip and have normally used the standard national chain hotels when in Aberdeen but I'm really pleased that I saw this one in Booking.com. Public areas in the hotel are very stylish and seem to be very new, the room had some nice touches that you don't get in the national chains like dvd player and Mp3 player/alarm and the bathroom was very good and very clean. I ate in the restaurant which again was faultless with attentive staff who served and cleared away quickly and breakfast the next morning was an excellent full Scottish cooked breakfast (no haggis ?), I will definitely stay here again.

Others may have mentioned airport noise and its undeniable that its located at the end of the runway but this is not Heathrow and flights are few through the evening and do not operate at night so there is little disturbance inside the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

2 happy friends.

Has a small sheltered beer garden to the side of the bar area. Plenty car parking on/off street.

Hotel does not have a wheelchair accessible bathroom however can use one of the rooms as a temporary measure.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Hotel was lovely very clean. My room was massive compared to my colleagues so I was happy. The food was excellent. Breakfast was also perfect. Enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay again. I would recommend this hotel

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Was taken down a musty corridor to a tiny dark room that appeared to be made up. The quilt on the bed was full of body fluid marks, disgusting. The manager came to the room and removed it and said that the white sheets underneath were clean, so I pulled them back and found a significant amount of human hair. The whole room was thick with dust and just filthy. The room had clearly been made up with the same bedding as previous occupant had used and this is totally unacceptable. They moved me to one of there suites, which was the same sized room with a mezzanine level and steep stairs. The bathroom was very modern but you then stepped out into the 1980s. Very old fashioned and looked furnished from a car boot sale. This place badly needs refurbishing throughout. On the plus side the food was good and restaurant service was very good but my advice is to avoid this one. In Aberdeen the best bet is to stick with the big hotel chains, they are all fine, but the privately owned ones are shocking.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights on business as the usual hotel I stay in was fully booked.

Plenty of parking at the hotel (which is free of charge). Check in was quick and easy and the staff were very friendly.

The room was a good size, but had a strange musty smell about it. The mattress on the bed was cheap, you could feel the springs in it which meant for a couple of uncomfortable nights sleep. The walls are also paper thin, so thin that I was woken up both nights by someone snoring in the room next door, this is a first!

The WIFI was none existent as well, after several calls to reception they tried to sort the connection out, but in the end I gave up and went to a McDonald's which was close by to send some emails.

I did eat at the restaurant one night which I though was excellent, had the blade of beef and soup of the day.

I won't be staying again at this hotel.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Robertaberdeen, director at Craighaar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Im glad certain aspects of your stay were very good, and thanks for complimenting our food. The wifi is fast, free, easy to use, and throughout the property, so don't know what the problem was for you; no one else has expressed any views on it other than very positive.
I also assume you were in a room with possible connecting door; as otherwise our rooms are divided by solid walls with therefore no noise issues.
I hope you can come and join us again and see these issues in a better light.