All reviews silver birch reception staff night porter town centre lovely hotel roast beef stayed for one night course dinner lovely room saturday night cooked breakfast first class great night staff were excellent would highly recommend this hotel fantastic stay following morning
Reviewed 8 November 2018

In previous Tripadvisor reviews if you add together "Excellent" & "Very Good" the total comes to 77%, what a joke! Have all these people never actually stayed in a good hotel before? The only good thing about this place is the Guinness served from the bar.

Arrived at 14:40 on a quiet Saturday only to be told by the receptionist that my check-in is not until 15:00 and I should not expect a room until after this point! Nice welcome..NOT. So took a beer or two in the bar where service was mediocre at best but the beer good.

Everything about the place is tired and dated, with little or no maintenance.
- Carpets worn throughout
- The room cold and uninviting upon arrival
- Cleaning is totally lacking with webs around the room corners
- Curtains don't fit and you are woken early by light streaming in
- The bar/restaurant is laid out like a school dining canteen & food tastes the same as
- Breakfast ingredients are low calibre and tasteless
- Bar has a minimum charge of £10 for using a card!! (21st Century?)
- Most of the staff are young and inexperienced

Overall, there are much better places but you have to travel outside Omagh.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank Bigboy1959
Silverbirch05, Manager at Silverbirch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear BIG BOY

I can only assume by your headline that you mean that our reviewers opinions are all wrong and your review is correct?

I am sure that plenty of our reviewers have stayed in nice hotels before, however based on your extensive list of negative reviews on other establishments it is clear you have not. In fact, it would appear that you are having terrible experience almost everywhere you go!

Big Boy I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations and thank you for your feedback. I agree that there are plenty of other places for you to go and I wish you all the best in your endeavors to find your perfect hotel

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 5 November 2018

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for such a great day at Our daughter Dayna and Stanley’s wedding, the venue, the food , the staff everything was absolutely first class and we could not have been happier. A special thank you to Rachel who was superb. Everyone of our guests had nothing but good words to say about the hotel and a lot of them will be back when they come over from England to visit. Just one tip for the future, stock some gluten free beer as we had a couple of guest who were Coeliac and this is a must but that was only a minor point, once again thank you for everything.

Room tip: Room 214 was massive
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind review and we are so pleased that you enjoyed the day!. We do stock Gluten Free Beer and my apologies that this was not recommended for you

Hope to welcome you all back soon!

Reviewed 1 November 2018

We dined here this evening with our two kids for a special anniversary. Our meals were disappointing. The food seemed tasteless and left me feeling unwell the rest of the evening. We were surprised as well at how expensive it was. We have eaten nicer food for less money. Sorry to say but I think we will be dining elsewhere in future. Just not up to standard!

1  Thank Lorri2008
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

A lovely hotel with an excellent family room. Two queen beds and a sofa bed. Lots of space for clothes and a large bathroom with shower and bath! Staff are lovely and welcoming. Great breakfast selection and again very accommodating staff. Would stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2018

A three night business stay was a pleasure in October 2018.
Check in was smooth and fast, even though a coach had checked in at the same time.
The Baretta restaurant was good each evening with a broad menu, quality food and first class service.
My room was large, comfortable and provided tea/coffee. ironing (the iron could be better).
The shower was excellent, one of my essentials on a trip.
Most pleasing was the wifi, downloading at 5mb. The best I have had in a UK hotel.
Staff throughout the hotel are friendly and helpful, as always in Northern Ireland.
Overall a pleasure to stay here and I look forward to my next trip.

Room tip: 226 Next to the stairs was quiet, no disturbances
  • Trip type: Travelled on business