“Tip Top Spot”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Front of cottage
My Bonnie chillaxing in the sun
Front bedroom
Bathroom
Full Bath with overhead electric shower
Private back garden
Patio area
View from back garden across the bay
View from front garden towards Newcastle
View of shore at back of harbour
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Fitzey
“Tip Top Spot”
Reviewed 12 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We stayed at Widows cottage for the weekend in March. There was my partner, my sister, her 2 young children and Cuba the springer spaniel.

The cottage has everything you need. My 3 year old nephew was fascinated with the views out to sea from the bedroom window. As we all where. Absolutely stunning!

My other nephew was only a 11 months old. The house was so clean you could just let him crawl around on the floor. Anne also provided a stair gate and high chair. My partner loved the free Wi-Fi. Anne was there to greet us and explained how everything worked, couldn't have been easier.

As for me, I'm a runner, it was the perfect location, it was great stepping out the front door and running the length of the promenade and back. Perfect for a nice 5k.

Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Family
20 Apr 2016
Thanks Anne for taking the time to leave to leave a great review. I'm so glad you all enjoyed your stay. And thanks for making me aware that some of my guests reviews were going to another property, which I eventually got sorted out. You'll have to take a run up the mountain the next time you come to stay, just out the back door and 2 minutes you're into the forest. You are welcome back anytime and thank you for leaving the cottage so clean and tidy. Take care. Anne
Suzanne B
County Londonderry, United Kingdom
“Lovely break”
Reviewed 26 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We have just returned from a lovely few days staying in Widows Row cottage in Newcastle Co Down. The property looked lovely and was well reviewed online prior to booking and we were not disappointed. Widows Row is perfectly situated on the coast road going out of Newcastle and as such has a beautiful sea view, especially on a good day weather wise. We had 3 calm, crisp and at times sunny days which added greatly to the enjoyment of our stay. The cottage was clean, extremely well presented and comfortable and owner Anne has thought of everything - even a little box of tissues beside the bed! The house looked freshly decorated and the decor is stylish and tasteful.....in my opinion! It's within walking distance of some eating places like the Harbour Bar and the Olive Bizarre coffee shop although a car is useful if not up to walking too far into Newcastle Main Street and obviously too for getting to others parts like Castlewellan lake and Tollymore forest. Anne's welcome is one of the assets of this holiday experience, and this extended to the dog!! - which is one of the main reasons for choosing Widows Row. Dogs are often not accepted in rental holiday properties so if you don't want to be separated from the furry member of the family for your break, then Widows Row is a definite option! Anne also allowed us to check in to the cottage earlier on the day we arrived so we could make the most of our stay - though we were lucky that there was no one staying the day before which perhaps made this more of a possibility.

All in all a lovely few days in a lovely cottage in a lovely part of Northern Ireland!
Many thanks Anne!

Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
27 Mar 2016
Thank you Suzanne for your prompt and great review. So pleased Lynn and yourself and of course the gorgeous Harvey enjoyed your stay. As you say, I am very happy to accept dogs, ( which may i add, to reassure other guests, that the dogs are not allowed on the furniture or beds). I myself have a dog and totally understand how difficult it can be to find dog friendly accommodation. I also love meeting my guests on arrival, nothing gives me more pleasure, especially meeting the furry 4 legged ones! Harvey, I think did not want me to go. Pleased also that you found the cottage provided everything you needed. I try to think of everything that I would like in a rental and just add more! Hope to see you and Harvey again in the future. Take care and thank you for your gift.
Kindest regards

Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Feb 2016
Thank you Joan for your lovely review. I'm so pleased that you and Eric and the little dog enjoyed your stay. The fire will always be set for you if you ever decide to return. It would be a pleasure to see you again and no one has ever left the house so tidy, so thank you for that also.
Kindest Regards
Athy
Reviewed 20 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
20 Jan 2016
Thanks Karen for taking the time to leave your review. So glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you both back again in the future.
Kindest Regards
Storytell...
“Great cottage ”
Reviewed 2 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Just wanted to Say had great two nights stay at Widows Row Cottage.
Fantastic views over Newcastle and handy to local pub and a short walk into Newcastle . Cottage warm and very cosy .
Anne was very friendly and welcomed our dog also.
Hopefully be visiting next year.

Sam

Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Family
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing