1,668 results
All reviews samson suite mini bar victoria square superior room continental breakfast dvd player cathedral quarter car park birthday treat reception area stayed one night comfy bed hotel bar central location lovely room afternoon tea titanic museum
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Being new to Belfast, we had no idea that we would have difficulty getting a meal on a Sunday night! But, we stumbled upon this bar/restaurant and we were blown away! They had a summer prix fixe on and we were delighted with everything we ordered. Presentation, taste, staff - all great at 10:00 pm on a Sunday!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
TinaWS326, General Manager at Malmaison, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you Janice S for your review, so glad you enjoyed your evening with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

The hotel is located in the downtown area which makes it great for walking to pubs and events downtown - also, the farmers market is a ten minute walk - Friday - Sunday. Great old hotel with trendy upgrades.

Room tip: walk to the farmers market on the the weekends
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
TinaWS326, General Manager at Malmaison, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you lauracostello for your review.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I'd always thought of the Malmaison chain as being high end, though this is the first time I've stayed in one and I'm somewhat disappointed.

The hotel is housed in a historic building so some allowance clearly has to be made for this - however the reception and hallway areas are dark, dingy and unpleasant with low ceilings that you have to duck to pass safely under. Our room had loose, creaky floorboards.

Our room was unpleasantly warm on arrival, and there is no air conditioning. One fan is provided but it just blows the hot air around the room. The double bed was narrow so we weren't able to spread out a bit to keep cool.

The bathroom door in our room wouldn't stay closed and kept opening itself. The tap dribbled every hour or so, and we were given a dirty floor towel with black stains on it.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank jd9UK
TinaWS326, General Manager at Malmaison, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you jd9UK for your review.

My apologies that there were disappointing aspects to your stay which will be addressed with my team.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Great location with easy access to the City Centre and Titanic quarter . Exterior canopy and entrance needs a clean as does the hotel generally.Trademark Malmaison colours of dark purple and black doesn't help but main improvement would be to improve service - half an hour wait for a simple main, steam cleaning during cocktail hour , dirty plates at breakfast etc etc. Comes down to the ships captain not taking enough care with his senior officers.

Room tip: Choose a room on the second or third floor
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 853robb

Thank you Rob B for your review.

I am sorry there were disappointing aspects to your stay and i would like to assure you that I have addressed these with my team.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I had one night in Belfast (not Bangkok!) in early Aug and chose the Malmaison as I wanted a stay that was slightly less corporate and stuffy. Positives were friendly reception staff, great breakfast (as always) and a really comfy bed.

I feel like I drew the short straw on the room. It backed on to a service area of the opposite building so there was a lovely dawn chorus of large metal bins being emptied. So much for enjoying the comfy bed! There was also a weird hole in my wall (see pic). No major drama, but you would think with regular checks and house-keeping this would've been picked up. Just made the room look a bit un-loved.

That would be my criticism overall - the hotel looks past its peak. The dark purple aesthetic feels outmoded now and a bit oppressive. Particularly noticeable on some of the communal furniture in reception and in the bars. Chairs look like they need a good scrub, lots of dirt, dust and marks. Things look a bit grubby. The wallpaper in my room showed industrial Belfast - steel bridges, graffiti etc. Good to have a sense of 'place' BUT it just seemed dark and gloomy. (This may be down to personal taste, of course.)

I had dinner in the restaurant in the eve. Not cheap and can't complain about the food. The staff seemed very young and inexperienced though. Service could definitely have been better.

I just feel Malmaison are coasting now. What was cool and cutting edge 15 years ago is now a bit shabby and care-worn. It's not a cheap hotel either. A shame, as the concept is strong. It seems to me that they could do with a major over-haul to bring it up to date and ensure they stay relevant in the coming years. I hope they do this, as I'm not sure I'll be rushing back just yet.

Room tip: Not overlooking the noisy bins at the back!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Haydnw

Thank you Haydnw for your review and very positive feedback about our beds, breakfast and staff. I am sorry that there were aspects of your stay that were disappointing and i have addressed these with my relevant heads of department. Following a refurbishment of a number of bedrooms last year we are currently looking at planning the remaining rooms.