2,103 results
All reviews green room laganview suite spice club swimming pool leisure centre wedding reception lovely hotel bar food family room would stay again would highly recommend this hotel from start to finish wallace gym sears stacey carvery
Reviewed 2 May 2017

First, the positives. This is a well-maintained hotel in a leafy suburb of Belfast. It is in an area of natural beauty surrounded by woods and a canal/river with attendant walks, playgrounds and boating activities (there are also bikes directly outside the main door of the hotel, which I assume are available to rent). People without cars are obviously at a disadvantage since it is a fair trek into the city centre. The public areas of the hotel seem to have been recently renovated and are attractive and inviting. Our room was fine; plenty of space and very clean. I understand that there is a programme currently in place of updating the rooms over a period of time. Breakfast again was good, with a pleasing assortment of warm food and fruit/cereals/breads.

Now the negatives. The main reason that we chose this hotel was because it has a swimming pool (good size and relatively shallow throughout which makes it perfect for children). We checked in at 5.15 pm and were astonished to learn that it closed at 5.30. This seems incredibly early and our eight-year-old daughter was understandably very disappointed. There was nothing on the hotel's website to indicate such an early closure. Had we known, we would have made a special effort to check in earlier.

When I checked in, I was offered the prospect of paying our bill in advance. In order to save time at checkout, I decided to take this up. Immediately after paying with my credit card, I was told that there would be an additional charge of £6.50 for my daughter's breakfast. Why could this amount not have been added to the original sum? The next morning, when we arrived at the restaurant for breakfast, we were again told about this additional charge before being shown to my seats, which I duly paid on the spot before eating. For me if left a sour taste in my mouth that the hotel would make such an issue over such a paltry sum. Indeed, most chains do not charge children for breakfast since they eat so little.

We also had dinner in the restaurant (the Green Room). While I cannot fault the food, the service was indeterminately long. We counted at least three waiting staff and the restaurant was less than half full. It seemed like no one was taking charge and making sure that customers' orders were being taken and courses delivered efficiently. No one at any point came to our table to ask if we were satisfied. This is unforgivable.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank JohnL63
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear John

Thank you for choosing The Crowne Plaza Belfast for your recent family break. We appreciate all your feedback and is very important that our guests have a great experience during their stay. We use feedback such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand and to improve our services. We take all your comments on board and note a few areas that need to be addressed and will forward on to our senior team. We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Stayed in the hotel for 4 nights whilst playing Short Mat Bowls in the Belfast Bowling Club which is situated next door.
The hotel was Excellent Large room, stylish bathroom, Drinks making facility in room, and large comfortable bed. Room and common areas clean and fresh
All staff were helpful polite and attentive to guests needs.
Breakfast very good.
One small minus point, we ate in the hotel twice one in the downstairs bar and once in the Green room, and the meals did not impress in either. Disappointing to be served with frozen chips in a place of this quality.
Would stay at this hotel in future but leave to find other restaurants in which to have dinner.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank alanleonardsly

Dear Allen

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Crowne Plaza Belfast. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use this feedback such as yours to make changes and to improve the guests experience. We take all your comments on board and have forwarded all your feedback on to the senior team. Again thank you for choosing The Crowne Plaza and hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

A brief one night stay, the room was decent with the pillow spray being an added quirk which I have never before received before with a hotel room.

The breakfast was also nice and plentiful.

I was able to avail of the wedding party rate however, I don't think I would have stayed if paying the full price even though the stay was good.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Killultagh

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review during your recent stay at The Crowne Plaza Belfast.
We are delighted that you had a enjoyable and comfortable stay, your feedback is very important to us and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

As a family group we stayed in Crowne Plaza for the Easter weekend. Every aspect of our stay was to the highest standard. From the time we arrived to a warm and helpful welcome to departure it was faultless..Looking forward very much to a return visit...Well done Crowne Plaza !

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Dear Marie

Thank you for spending the Easter Break at The Crowne Plaza. We are delighted that you had a very enjoyable & comfortable stay and was impressed with all our facilities and excellent service to make it a great stay. Thank you for sharing your feedback and look forward to welcome you back again on your next return visit.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

Attended the 'Walk of Life' charity event last night. This event was absolutely amazing! I have had the pleasure of working with Julie Duckworth before when I arranged 2 events with her at the same hotel and I have to say she was fantastic then and again last night. Her attention to detail superb and given the content and amount of guests (550+) it was a slick, professional, entertaining evening.
The large room in the hotel is perfect and with the reception/bar area outside, this was a great space that allowed the entertainment to flow seamlessly.

Only one negative of my evening (which had nothing to do with walk of life) my party booked a table in the bar for some drinks and food before hand. Our mains arrived before the starters, theses were replaced quickly, followed by out mains that had been kept warm(waitress even told us this but said they were fine!) the mound of rice was like a rubber ball and chicken stir fry tasteless and dry!

The walk of life show picked up our spirits and made sure our evening was fantastic - well done Julie - we look forward to the next one!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank susan995
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Dear Susan

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience while attending the Walk of Life event being held at The Crowne Plaza Belfast. We are delighted that you had a fabulous evening and really enjoyed the event.
Please know that feedback such as yours is very valuable to us and continuously aim to make changes to improve our services and guests experience. I have forwarded all your lovely comments on to the team which will be pleased to read. We do hope that we have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.