All reviews queens university malone road city centre lounge area ulster museum botanic gardens hen party great night from start to finish wellies conference wedding disco stephen pubs foyer
Reviewed 13 September 2018

I stayed at the Wellington Park when over in Belfast on business. The hotel is on Malone Road and across the street from Queens University. Having flown in to Belfast I was dropped off by taxi in the small car park at the front of the hotel
Reception was very quick and the receptionist was friendly and cheerful.
My room was on the second floor with a view over the car park at the rear of the hotel. The room was compact with two single beds that seemed very small when compared to the usual double or king sized bed. There was a small work area with plenty of sockets to charge computer, phone etc.
The room was clean and bright with the usual tea and coffee tray, and biscuits.
The free WiFi was good and more than adequate for downloading emails and browsing the internet.
The single beds were very firm with a not overly generous duvet cover. As it was very warm weather during my stay this was not an issue but on a cooler winter night I would like something more encompassing to snuggle under.
The bathroom was clean with a large walk in shower. There was a good supply of toiletries which were replenished on a daily basis.
I ate in the bar area one evening. Once seated menus were brought and a drinks order taken Drinks were served immediately and the Tennents lager was superb, excellently chilled and well maintained.
The set menu offered a good range of dishes at very reasonable prices. Perhaps everything just seems more reasonable when you are used to South East prices.
My meal was served quickly with large side dishes of vegetables and potatoes. When all was considered the portion size was enormous and would defeat the largest of appetites. The meal was excellent and very good value
I had breakfast on both mornings of my stay. The buffet offered a range of cereals in individual packets and a good range of juices, fruit and yogurt. Toast was self service from the usual continuous feed toaster which actually produced a reasonably crisp and golden product. Tea and coffee was served at the table
Staff for both meals were friendly and attentive without being intrusive.
Would I stay again? The hotel was very good apart from the small single bed and I would book a double room for single occupancy as the cramped bed spoiled an otherwise very good stay.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Achnacloich
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for work trip, I needed somewhere to sleep that was clean, quiet and staff that were helpful
This hotel ticked all the boxes
The staff on reception were very helpful at all times and there is a good buffet breakfast served hot and fresh

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Reserved a 2 person room prior to trip to Ireland. This is not a luxury hotel but provided free parking and a safe location for us to explore Belfast within walking distance of pubs and restaurants. If you want a no frills, safe, inexpensive hotel in Belfast this is a great location for you.

We arrived in our rental car prior to check-in at the Wellington Park Hotel, 21 Malone Rd, Belfast BT9 6RU, UK (£363.00 for 3 nights) included breakfast each morning and free parking. We booked based on the reviews from the Rick Stevens travel guide. See (pg 376-377, 400)

Currency in Northern Ireland is in British Pounds. An ATM was outside hotel next to Botanic Bar.

Ate lunch at Wellington Park Hotel (£9.00 for burger and “chips” (aka French fries))
Checked in at 3:30pm then took a short walk to City Centre and Queen's University in the light rain.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here last September and all the good things still apply. Happily there is better beer and gin on offer now. Unfortunately the promised veggie food did not materialise on the menu although I must say the Sunday roast without meat opt-in is excellent.

The staff were as always wonderful.

It's a bit of a dilapidated hotel but that has is own charm.

I'd defo come back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

The motel itself is basic. Our room was spacious and bottled water supplied. We were really warm though as there was no top sheet provided. After our long day of touring we returned to the room at 7.15pm and saw only one bottle of water has been replaced. We enquired about a second bottle and a top sheet then headed to the bar / restaurant for a drink and some dinner. We went to order dinner at the bar at a little after 7.30pm only to be told the kitchen had closed Not good after a long day touring. When arriving back in the room we noticed the water hadn’t been replace so headed to reception only to be told we weren’t ‘entitled’ to water in a ‘smug’ manner. Seriously?? Was this a joke? After the next day touring and arriving back late in the afternoon, our tea cups and milk in the room had not been replaced with our dirty cups still on the counter, so we had to go to reception again and also had to ask for a top sheet as the other one had been removed.
All in all, we were not at all impressed with the service in this motel. We have travelled the world and feel it was probably one of the worst places we have stayed when it comes to service.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly C