See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

After a great wedding in the Belfast Castle we booked, along with 16 guests, to stay in the Lansdowne Hotel. After double checking a week before the wedding that all arrangements were in place, the only thing that was a problem was the Lansdowne! They said they did not have our booking! In the end, after several calls we got a room in the hotel, not the honeymoon suite as originally booked as a couple who were getting married in the hotel that night were to have it instead. It all sounded rather planned that our booking was 'lost' and the couple that was to Have their marriage in the hotel got it. None the less, we stayed the night in a standard room that was decorated for a newly married couple. We were flying out to South Africa for our honeymoon in the next couple of days and whilst checking our bank balance at the airport discovered the Lansdowne took £25 from our account!! I phoned them immediately, to hear that someone would get back to me. As the Lansdowne apparently did not have our original booking as previously stated how could they have our bank details?? As we paid in cash that night and no other bank details were taken after the mess up on first booking the room?!?
Disgusted with the hotel and their lack of communication after five emails were sent asking why the money was taken, a manager replied that something was missing from the room. Nothing was taken from the room, especially As we were going on honeymoon the next day?!? It was obvious that the honeymoon suite was booked as the hotel had our bank details, and the fact that they ignored our emails asking why the extra money was taken out of or account was ridiculous!! It really did Put a bad taste in our mouth after a wonderful wedding in the castle! Needless to say, we will NEVER be back!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Liz G
Reviewed 9 September 2016

Stayed here for 2 nights. While I can't complain about the quality of service from staff members the quality of the rooms leave more to be desired. The rooms are in severe need of updating and the beds mattress was lumpy and sunken. No ventilation was working in bathroom and unless you physically quietly closed the door to the room it would bang shut loud enough to make you or anyone else jump out of your skin. The first morning we went down for breakfast while the dinning area was very nice the breakfast was very disappointing we ordered a fry up which was all deep fat fried with no baked beans.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank kerrythompson8
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

I wish I could write a better review but the hotel was really lacking in terms of cleanliness and overall freshness.
The hotel is in a good location and benefits from free parking. The lobby staff were pleasant but did not engage in smalltalk or show any kind of interest in us as guests, other than to take our cash.
I was asked if we wanted to pay there and then or in the morning. I had no opinion so I paid up there and then. When we arrived at our room I felt as if we had been asked to pay straight away to ensure we actually spent the night there.
We passed a sofa in the lift area of the 2nd floor which looked tired, dusty and depressed.
The room was large but was in need of a serious revamp. I'm no snob but all the furniture was badly faded and the ceiling tiles were stained.
The curtains were not large enough for the window and either did not meet when I drew them together or let light in either end. I started to stress about light coming in and waking me up. Thankfully I was too tired for that to affect my sleep. The bed was comfy but the condition of the room made me feel a little uneasy about lying in it.
The bathroom had lots of mould and mildew around the tiles and taps. The shower curtain appeared to be brand new but there was a short curly hair in the bath (not good).
We both slept well but we're happy to leave. We dropped our key off at reception and left without any questions about our stay etc.
I wouldn't stay again unless improvements had been made.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jan C
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I booked for one night here unfortunately we didn't even stay here for even 1 hour in total (we checked in but had to leave to for a while as we had things to do). We took the lift up to our room the lift was dirty and smelt of something very unpleasant, there was also a sign in the lift mentioning all food and drink must be bought from the hotel to be consumed. There for if you like ordering a take away or going to the shop for a bottle of juice and a snack to bring back, your not allowed. We walked out of the lift and started walking to our room and smelt a very strong smell of urine, opened our door to our room, very dated the bed had stains on it the carpet had lifted there were flies in our room the window was dirty and left wide open as they don't have air con (outside the window there was a dirty nappy rolled up in our view) also our towels were damp which were left on our bed. That's not even the last of it my husband took a shower with his damp towel to only look up and see the ceiling was missing and there was rot in the bathroom. We could NOT stay in this hotel, I'm surprised it hitting the health and safety standards. We left our room and told reception we wanted a refund. Please do not stay here we didn't even get our full refund as we used a towel. Not worth your money this place!!!!!!! Disgusted.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 373vickie
Reviewed 27 August 2016

this is a great hotel while a bit dated it adds to the charm and spacious rooms towells super white everything spotless clean a coofee maker tea maker with nice biscuits everything supplied in bathroom too staff were very pleasant id deffo stay here again the girl at reception was really friendly wd lansdown

Room Tip: the first floor was good was easy to get to but a large lift anyhow
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends