1,295 results
All reviews la scala bistro sunday buffet parliament building hastings hotels porridge rubber duck the general manager city centre executive room comfortable hotel business trip excellent hotel restaurant staff afternoon tea scones northern ireland top class
Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

We choose stormont hotel to hold our civil partnership and wedding reception on oct 3rd 2015. On the day the service and attention to detail was flawless thanks to the banqueting managers "scott" helpful attitude. The rooms were beautiful and the food amazing thanks to chef Jay. The hotel looked great in the photographs and nothing was too much trouble for the staff, all of which were both efficient and friendly. Anne & Paula king

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anne K
JonathanTopping, General Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2015

Dear Anne K,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience of your big day. We were delighted to be able to make it such a memorable day and can I wish you both every happiness in your future life together.

Reviewed 7 October 2015

Just held our daughter's wedding here about 2 weeks ago. Everything from start to finish was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble we just had to ask if we needed something and they got it. We had a pre wedding taster to decide on our menu, Jay the chef went through everything and checked if we were happy with everything or if there was anything we would like to change. We decided on a couple of changes and again this was no problem. We has a few vegetarians attending and they were also catered for without a problem as were the few children in our party. So many guests said how much they had enjoyed their meal and how hot it was considering there were just over 100 people to serve. So well done Jay and your team in the kitchen and to all the front of house staff (not forgetting Natalie who had to answer so many emails from me!!) on a truly wonderful day.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Eleanor W

Eleanor W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in Stormont Hotel. I am delighted that we were able to make your big day so special. I have shared your comments with other members of the team and they have asked me to add their best wishes for your future life together to my own.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

This hotel has all the trappings of a perfect establishment catering to business people on the move. Great bed, airy, clean, well furnished suite, fast Wi-Fi (although for a low densely populated Province, that gets so much rain, the fact that the fantastic looking shower cubicle can’t deliver a decent level of water pressure is a surprise). Right next door to what passes for ‘power’ in Northern Ireland, the remarkable looking Stormont Parliament, this namesake establishment looks like a great place to meet and do business.

However, it is afflicted by a ‘stubborn’, rules-based, service culture that made for a frustrating stay Two experiences illustrate this. First, the language used by the staff in several ordinary dealings that anyone who travels will have in any hotel. Example, after business meeting arrive back to pull luggage from my suite at 1115 to go to airport. Find myself locked out. Ask cleaner for help, who tells me: “The key card is cancelled at 1100 as this is check out time” (Fair enough) They continue: “…there is no way we can override this. NO WAY AT ALL”. They then let me into my room where I collect my luggage and scurry off. Thanks for the favour!

Second experience: Arrive back from meeting 2143 on Friday. Been long day, long drive. Want a pint and some food but the bar stops serving food for some reason. Still serves drinks. Say I am a guest, told get room service. Great can I have room service in bar? Told check reception. Go to reception, they say no. Can we get room service to drop tray at reception? They’ll ask. No chef won't allow it. OK I will go to room and bring it down. Look at room service menu. I'll have fish and chips as it’s on room service menu which stops at 2200. But in this instance I won't as the Chef won't cook it, says all they’ll do is a Club Sandwich. Having to go up in elevator to wait for food only to bring tray to bar is nuts. Like a scene out of the‘Carry On..." films.

I noticed that this hotel catered for numerous coach parties at the same time I was there which may have something to do with the commoditised, formulaic, service standards that I experienced. To be more than a stop off joint for bus loads of people visiting the architectural marvel across the street, this hotel needs to gets its people to raise its customer service levels to match the attributes of the splendid physical space in which they operate.

Room Tip: Get Excutive room top floor
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

Dear Sunnyforecast,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay in Stormont Hotel. As you may have noticed I read and respond to every review on this (and other) sites and when I read your review a couple of days ago I was surprised and disappointed. At Stormont Hotel the team are renowned for their genuine hospitality, their will to help and a genuine interest in the our guests well being, however it appears from your review that we failed to deliver any of these - please accept my sincere apologies. Since reading your review I have met with my Front Office Manager, Head Chef, Food & Beverage Manager and Head Housekeeper to discuss just exactly why we made your stay so difficult for you to enjoy.

We are indeed blessed to work luxurious surroundings and the team do deliver exceptional service consistently (as evidenced by other reviews on this site) however we are human and do make mistakes. You should have been able to be served food in our restaurant until 10pm. You should have been able to have fish and chips. I won't go into the reasons why you were not able to on this occasion, however suffice to say you should have been able to. Our bar does stop serving food at 5pm, however our restaurant serves until 10pm.

In relation to being allowed into your bedroom; none of my team will allow a guest unfettered access to a bedroom without firstly identifying who the guest is who should be in the room and making sure that the guest who wants into the room is the same person. This is to secure your personal belongings. I don't believe that the extra few minutes that these security checks take are excessive, in order to protect your valuables.

I hope your experience will not prevent you returning to Stormont Hotel and when you do, that you will experience the warmth of welcome, the genuine smiles and exemplary service we deliver to our guests consistently.

Thank you again for your feedback and comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Stormont Hotel soon. Should you wish to discuss your experience further please contact me at the hotel on 02890651066

Reviewed 26 September 2015

Traveled here with a tour, staff very helpful, and very clean. Love the beds, so comfortable!! Bathroom very nice and food in restaurant was delicious.
Breakfast buffet was good. Would definitely recommend for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
JonathanTopping, General Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

Dear Nursebarb202.

Thank you for such a great review! I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us so much and I hope you'll be back in in Belfast and Stormont Hotel in the very near future!

Reviewed 25 September 2015

it was so comfy - best night's sleep I had for ages. The hotel is good, with excellent restaurant food - the one exception being the range at breakfast which was a bit limited - not much by way of fruit for instance.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business

Dear the_lofty_attic,

Thank you for such a great review - I fully agree that we have the best beds; they really are amazingly comfortable. I hope you will be back in Belfast soon and I can welcome you back to the Stormont Hotel soon.