All reviews breakfast bag small kitchenette door handle kitchen area comfy bed self catering real milk in the fridge studio apartment exploring belfast yogurt hotel offers city hall stylish hotel street noise each morning teething problems perfect location
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I travel to Belfast for work every month, I was looking for a new place to stay as my place I had stayed previously had been sold it was a small personal boutique B&B..

The Flint Hotel was recommended to me, loved it immediately the style the location, the wee breakfast bag the lot literally in the city centre but not noisy as I come for work sleep is Sacred!

The staff were really warm and so welcoming , I suggested that having a socket near a mirror should be a good consideration as us women need to do our hair and you can’t dry/style your hair as this is not the set up ...very weird but apart from that everything was on point, definately recommend this great wee place.

Oh ans they are going to hopefully rectify the mirror near socket situation....hope so !

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Ben R, Owner at The Flint, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Lesley,

I know how annoying it is when a regular spot becomes unavailable. We plan to be around for the foreseeable future, so hopefully we can soon become the 'small' personal home from home for you now!!

The mirror situation become apparent very quickly after opening, and we are in the process of adding extended leads to the hairdryers. Hopefully this will rectify the situation...or at least as a temporary fix until we can appropriately fit a new mirror or plug socket.

All feedback is great, as it allows us to continually improve and fit everything necessary for a fantastic stay.

I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Also, if you stay every month, we have corporate, returning guest and regular guest rates - if you call through and ask for Gosia, or e-mail me directly, ben@theflinthotel.com, I can put you in contact with Gosia.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

This is a cute, stylish hotel located right in the heart of Belfast.

I was in room 207, which is a studio apartment. It was spacious, well-furnished and comfortable. The location cannot be beat - right downtown, walking distance to the bus stop, train station, and key pedestrian district.

The room included a comfy larger bed (by European standards - if you're from North America, it's the equivalent of small Queen), a spacious, fully-equipped kitchenette, and a very large bathroom (larger than my own at home!).

The location is right on the main road, across from the Church. After reading the other reviews, my only concern was whether there would be too much noise to sleep properly. Verdict: Yes, there is some noise that is readily audible during the day, but it completely dies down by about 10:00pm, even on weekends. There were absolutely no noise issues overnight. There is absolutely no problem with enjoying a great, uninterrupted sleep here.

The service here was excellent - I arrived at 9:00am, after flying from Toronto landing in Dublin at 6:00 am and taking the bus to Belfast. I simply hoped to have somewhere to stow my bag for a bit until check-in, however, I was promptly provided with my room and key on the spot. I think that's the earliest courtesy early check-in I have ever been granted in all of my travels - and it was very much appreciated, giving me a chance to shower and have a quick nap before heading out for adventures.

I enjoyed the first night so much that I extended my stay for another to continue exploring Belfast.

The only constructive criticism I have is that it would be nice if there was proper coffee in the room, rather than just instant. This is actually no real bother, as there is a coffee shop right next door that is both quality and lovely.

If I ever return to Belfast, this is where I will be staying.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Ben R, Owner at The Flint, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

MsBreeLJN,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an in-depth and complimentary review!

All reviews are appreciated as it means I can give staff credit for their hard work and I make improvements where necessary. I am really glad that you enjoyed the room and the design and I am really glad that you liked it so much you extended your stay.

I will look into the coffee issue and see what we can do. We do have the cafetiere in each room so it is definitely something I will look into in regards to the coffee supplied.

I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Whilst we did only stay here one night we were very happy, great location and very comfortable room.

We stayed on floor 3 in a one bedroom apartment. Great location and staff are very helpful. The morning breakfast bag is really good and a good size.

One thing to improve the room would be somewhere to store at least one suitcase e.g. a luggage rack. As we didn't want to unpack the entire suitcase and use the open cupboard.

Slight issue will the room as it smelt like cigarette smoke, we opened some windows and it helped a bit. But in the morning again you could really smell it. Upon check out we did tell staff and they were very apologetic and asked what they could do to help. We said there wasn't but just wanted to let them know. Not sure what they could do as we were checking out anyway.

If you are looking for somewhere to stay in Belfast City, this is a great option. Also really close to the bus station for the airport.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Ben R, Owner at The Flint, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dinks14B,

Thank you for taking time out to leave your review.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am sincerely sorry for the smell of cigarettes. When the staff were informed of the issue, they immediately called me to discuss the best course of action. Unfortunately as it was your day of departure I was limited in offerings. We have a very strict no smoking policy in the building for the very fact the smoke can "soak" into the materials, and I am sorry that you were checked into a room affected by that.

I assure you the room has been stripped, aired and every effort has been made to remove any residual smell.

I look forward to having you back to stay with us.

On your next visit to Belfast, if you e-mail me directly on ben@theflinthotel.com I will be sure to personally handle the booking, making sure the room is excessively quality checked before your arrival.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

This was such a beautiful and modern hotel. I only stayed the one night and wish I had longer in Belfast to have a longer stay in the stylish little studio apartment . Would 100% stay here again. Great value

Stayed: October 2018
Ben R, Owner at The Flint, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

IslandB23,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Wouldn't call The Flint a design hotel, but it's stylish. While furnishing is cool and comfortable, staff is warm and comforting. While inter-room isolation could be better (street noise didn't reach me on the 5th floor), so many other things (reasonable price, high-quality bed, location close to airport bus and city centre, surprisingly fast internet and no-frills laundry room free to use) make The Flint a good choice. The management claims it to be "probably the best in Belfast". I have no intention to try out all others, but this one is definitely worth coming back to.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Ben R, Owner at The Flint, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Werner S,

Thank you for taking time out to leave a detailed review. We have weighted The Flint towards being design lead while trying to ensure the comfort of every guest, so I am glad that you found it both stylish and comfortable!

I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.