“Lovely cottage and gardens”
other travellers have booked this property
Dining Room
Twin Bedroom
Bathroom
Sitting room
Lobby
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Dutch first
Any
Richard W
“Lovely cottage and gardens”
Reviewed 20 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We had a lovely time staying at Rose Cottage for 3 nights. It's a lovely quiet spot with private gardens perfect for the kids!

A previous review commented on the cooker... it's not brand new, but it works... and you're on holiday so why not eat out!

Mary and her husband are both very welcoming and helpful making the stay that little bit easier.

We'll come back again if we can...

29 Jun 2017
Thank you for your kind review and we are pleased that you all enjoyed your visit to Gower and Rose Cottage.
Viv + Mary Jones
Reviewed 23 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

26 May 2017
A simple “thank you for your review - I’ll take your views into consideration” can go a long way
ian l
Chester, United Kingdom
“brilliant”
Reviewed 4 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

we were so impressed with Rose Cottage. it exceeded our expectations. There were six of us in total and the cottage had plenty of room for us all, the cottage was very well equipped we had everything there that we needed. we would highly recommend it and will certainly hope to be able to book it again

17 May 2017
Thanks for your kind comments about Rose Cottage and we are really glad that you all enjoyed your visit
Kind regards
Mary & Viv
Steve M
“Tranquility and dark skies”
Reviewed 25 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

First trip to the Gower, having been North Cornwall die-hards. Found the right place to stay in Rose Cottage. 4 adults, 2 kids and 3 dogs, more than enough space for all of us. Lovely owner Mary made us feel welcome on arrival, with Welsh cakes. House is great with good facilities all round in a beautiful village. Garden enclosed for the dogs, big enough for kids to play in. Highly recommend this place. Felt relaxed on leaving, which is the aim I guess.

17 May 2017
Thank you for your kind review of Rose Cottage. Really glad you enjoyed your visit.
Kind regards
Viv & Mary
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful and spacious farmhouse style cottage peaceful but only an easy hike/ walk to the lovely Three Cliffs Bay.”
Reviewed 20 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Beautiful renovated farmhouse stye cottage. Really spacious. Lovely private garden and only a short hike / lovely walk to the gorgeous Three Cliffs Bay.
Mary is wonderful and very helpful. Her homemade Welsh cakes (welcome present) are the best on the Gower - we tried various brands while we were there - none were a patch on hers!
When I booked I hadn't appreciated how close we were to the Three Cliffs bay and thought we would have to drive everywhere. In fact here are various paths which come through / very close to the village. Three cliffs bay is a short walk downhill to the 'main' road where the Gower tourist centre and a shop / cafe are located. On the other side of the road is the official car park for Three Cliffs Bay. The walk takes you by the river and to the beach. There is a ruined castle (Pennard) on the hill with equally fantastic views over the Three Cliffs Bay. The golf club behind the castle (open to non-members) also serves fantastic food and has a terrace over looking the sea.
There are lots of other breathtaking beaches to visit nearby - many only a 10 or 15 minute drive away: Oxwich, Caswell and Eynon bay to name a few. Sunset at Rhossilli bay is not to be missed either from the cliff or the restaurant. Rhossilli is a 20-30 minute drive from Great Lunnon- although I was assured by a local from the Mumbles that The Mumbles to Rhossili is a great walk for the keen hiker!) At Rhossilli, as well as the award winning (3 mile?? long) beach, there is the prehistoric looking Worm's Head Causeway to cross for the brave and nibble footed.
The Mumbles beach with its promenade, shops and Lighthouse is only about 5 miles away. Many of the beaches in the Gower are family friendly whereas others are wilder and more remote. Our children are older and as such were quite happy heading for / hiking to the remoter beaches. In early April the sea was still very cold but that did not stop them swimming in their wet suits! We all loved the Gower very much and will definitely return soon. This was my husband's and children's first trip to the Gower and they loved it and the amazing house we stayed in. (My youngest fell in love with the bathroom curtains and I am still looking for similar fabric for his bedroom!)
When looking for a 6 day break in the UK and wondering where to go, I remembered my parents taking me to the Gower when I was 4 and my father telling me how the Gower had the most beautiful beaches he had ever seen. Well I have to say, all these decades later, that I agree with him. The Gower does still have the most beautiful beaches. What's more they seem to be as unspoilt today as they were then.
Mary J and her husband made us feel very welcome. After welcoming us to the house they left us to enjoy our stay but were on hand if we needed help. The house was spacious enough to allow our eldest to study for his AS and A-levels in dining room in the evenings while the rest of the family congregated in the kitchen or living room. All in all 10/10.

Your age range 35-49
23 Apr 2017
Thank you for your kind review of Rose Cottage and my welsh cakes! Really glad you all enjoyed your visit to Rose Cottage and Gower. Kind regards Mary & Viv Jones
P.S. my daughter made the curtains and bought the material in a local fabric shops in Swansea!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$122
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing