“Great restaurant and great steak”
Review of Pumphouse

Pumphouse
Ranked #289 of 757 Restaurants in Swansea
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Gastropub, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: As a key part of the new marina area of Swansea, and being close by to the SA1 development, we aim to be the ‘community bar’ for everyone in the local area. We are a premium bar with our own style and atmosphere, indulgent premium drinks brands and fantastic food. We also pride ourselves on our range of cask ale, and this combines with our maritime design features to ensure that we keep in touch with our roots. We have a nice upstairs area that can be hired for private use, and our outdoor areas sit right next to the lock gates – a great waterfront location.
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Very friendly and helpful staff; great food and service. Will definitely eat here again when next in Swansea.

Pumphouse S, Manager at Pumphouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Hi Chris,

Thank you for leaving a lovely review! I am glad you enjoyed your experience here with us and very much look forward to your return!

Kind regards,

Fay
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

The service was incredibly slow. Waited 55 minutes for two desserts. It wasn’t particularly busy in the pub either. Order was incorrect and staff were quite defensive and hesitant about rectifying it.

Pumphouse S, General Manager at Pumphouse, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear CathM17,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave comments regarding your recent visit. Please accept my apologies for the delay in receiving your desserts. I was the manager on duty who corrected your bill immediately. I would have without hesitation refunded your desserts completely had I been made aware of your delay at the time. Please rest assured that these are not the standards in food delivery that we aspire to here at The Pump House.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on pumphouse@sabrain.com should you wish to discuss further.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Having walked the sea front of swansea during the short spell of good weather swansea had to offer we came across a beautiful building locally known by its iconic tower and prime location within the marina area. However having such nice weather we decide to stop for a drink and a desert to finish off the day. But as soon as ordering just two drinks and two seemingly simple deserts, we started the timer as it grew to be a lengthy wait just for two deserts. Waiting for our deserts looking over at the kitchen we could see that the manger on duty and assisting in the kitchen but nobody else for any other preparation. At this stage we had been waiting 45 mins for just two deserts and I proceeded to the counter to enquirer about the time and location of our deserts. The bartender gladly aided in this issue and with no hesitation he clambered into the kitchen asking the manager were our deserts were. As nearly all starters and mains were delivered around our table to customers that had ordered after we had. She started to him to advise us that she will gladly make the deserts and bring the over. As a few mins passed I noticed that the manager was back in the kitchen helping prepare mains and starters for obviously other customers . I then went back the to bar and announced to the bartender that it was in-acceptable and that I wanted a refund as I wasn’t prepared to wait any longer and that the managers ignorance and lack of customer satisfaction she couldn’t even show her face to apologise and just said to the bartender to return our money but stayed in the kitchen herself.

Pumphouse S, General Manager at Pumphouse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear Laura C,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent visit with us. Firstly, please let me extend my sincerest apologies for the unacceptable time in which you had to wait for your desserts. Please rest assured that this is not the high standards in food and service that we aspire to here at The Pump House. I will personally look into the issue with my Kitchen Manager and my Assistant Manager on duty.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss further.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Just visited this restaurant great prices for a good varied ranged menu . Service a bit slow but the food made up for that well presented , pleasant staff and lovely views over Swansea marina

Dear Debbie D,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your catch up lunch. I am delighted that you enjoyed the food and service coupled with our views of the Marina. Please do accept my apologies for the food delay.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Just had a meal with my partner and two children 15 and 17. There was a really good offer on of 2 coursesfor £8.99 or 3 for £10.99 we took advantage of that and they were all really, really nice. The garlic mushroom starter was outstanding and there were enough veggie options for me, however, I was a little disappointed when the spinach and ricotta raviolini arrived as there was no sauce at all. Completely dry, not the fault of the staff though. I found the staff, especially Elizabeth and sharice particularly welcoming and gave us really outstanding service. Thsnk you to both of you for a lovely night. Check your receipt if ordering the 3 or 2 course menu as we were overcharged on the till by £6. Again, not the staffs fault, brains till system but the manager very quickly rectified this for us and she was extremely polite and helpful too. Top marks for food and customer service guys, haven't been here for 4 years, but will come again real soon PS, probably the best ice cream ever.. Vanilla, Belgian chocolate and raspberry sorbet

Pumphouse S, General Manager at Pumphouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear Johux21,

Thank you very much for leaving such a wonderful review. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed the food and service that we offer here at The Pumphouse. I will of course pass on your positive feedback to Elizabeth, Sharice, Faye (my Assistant Manager) and the kitchen team. Please accept my apologies for the error with your bill. As we have recently introduced a new menu we are working through a few glitches and hope to have these resolved very soon.

On behalf of the team and I we look forward to welcoming you back to The Pumphouse very soon!