“Great Tour!!!!!”

Cardiff Walking Tour
Ranked #26 of 49 Tours in Cardiff
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for an inspiring walk through Cardiff's dramatic past on the tour lead by Wales' officially accredited and qualified guides. Travel through time from Roman invasion to industrial might and discover the characters and events that have shaped this fascinating city. All our guides hold the Wales Blue Badge (the country's highest guiding qualification) are accredited by the Welsh Government and are fully insured to guide. Visit our city centre tour base in Castle Welsh Crafts opposite Cardiff Castle, where the journey begins.
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Our guide was Bill and he was superb. My wife and I travel a lot, take a lot of walking tours, and Bill was one of the best, most knowledgeable guides we're ever had. The wealth of information he imparts in a two hour tour is unexpected. If you're going to visit Cardiff, and want to know anything about it, this tour is one thing your shouldn't miss.

Date of experience: April 2017

Reviewed 12 November 2016

As I always do I looked for a walking tour because it is a great way to get to know the basics of a new place. This tours offers a great deal of information of not only the town's but also the country's history. Our guide had a vast knowledge on the matter and it was nice to see some underlying connections in the city's architecture, economy and location. I would rate it as a must

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

First time in Cardiff or Wales and was blown away by the history of the region by life long resident bill o'keefe. Extremely informative and enjoyable. A must. He can do any type of tour you are looking for and know everything you need. This is also called planet wales on the web.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank mortaye
Reviewed 8 September 2016

Bill knows everything there is to know about Welsh (and probably British) history, or aat least as much as i need to know along with being entertaining and a good story teller.

The walking tour probably didn't go as far as i expected, but the historical stories went much further.... 2 hours to get from Roman Invasion up to modern day.... wow!

Date of experience: September 2016
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 November 2015

I didn't realise how little I knew about Wales and Cardiff until I did this tour. Bill O'Keefe was amazing!
To start with, he was very accommodating. I mentioned that my boyfriend and I had a full day ahead, so he offered to start the walking tour an hour earlier than normal to make sure we got in everything we wanted to do. How nice!!!
And he was so knowledgeable about Cardiff - the tour was informative, fun, and very interesting. There is so much rich history I just wasn't aware of. I would highly recommend this tour for anyone that goes to Cardiff.

Date of experience: October 2015