Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewsleisure facilitiessuperior roomleisure clubsauna and steam roomevening mealself servicebar foodbridal suiteafternoon tealovely staffcouldn't faultlovely roomplenty of parkingfrom start to finishsunday lunchan overnight staysandwiches
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What we encountered at this hotel on our stay was awful. From start to finish. The staff was brilliant and the waiter micheal couldnt do enough for us. Our evening meal was awful, our room was lovely as we had a superior room with king size bed but the bed was not a kingsize it was two single beds pushed together which we were falling in between all nith. Woken up at 4 in the morning with noisy neighbour upstairs. Breakfast was nice untill we had hair cooked on our sausages so that was a put off. Over all 4/10 for me.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, I am pleased to read you thought our staff were brilliant especially Mickael, I will pass your comments onto the team.

I am sorry your encounters some issues with your meal, we have spoken to the head chef and informed our butcher about the hair within the your sausage.

Our super king size beds are Zip & Links and we have never had an issue previously with these beds coming apart as the mattresses are linked with a Velcro attachment and the bases are linked with brass hooks. I have spoken to housekeeping to ensure they are linked correctly and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I understand our duty manager spoke with you prior to leaving and made a goodwill gesture in relation to the above.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the Heronston for my mother's 50th birthday and we were checked in by an amazing lady I believe her name was Dianne Burgess (sorry if I mis spelt) she went above and beyond to make sure not only mum had a great stay but all of us. We booked a table in the restaurant and she decorated the table with little confetti 50s and much more!! We were speechless!! She is a pleasure to your business!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review, I am pleased to read you were pleased with your stay.

I will pass your comments onto Deanne who will be thrilled.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is generally maintained to a good standard and has ample parking. It needs modernising but I understand that this is in the works. The receptionists welcome was lacklustre and rushed and I didn't feel particulary welcomed.
The food was slow to arrive but when it did it was good. The highlight of my trip was the bar service. Lou? was extremely competent and friendly -even when she was rushed off her feet. She is an asset to your team and deserves a big well done. I look forward to returning when Im back in the area.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, I am pleased on the whole you had an enjoyable stay.

I will pass your comments onto Lou who will be thrilled. I will also pass your comments onto our head receptionist.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a friendly hotel with well appointed rooms and an excellent breakfast. The bar has a good atmosphere. I didn't have time to check out the spa or gym. I slept well and there was no noise. I'd return here given the opportunity.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review, I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and would return in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My employer placed me at The Heronston, Bridgend for a week. Whilst basic, the decor is outdated. I wouldn't recommend an evening meal there on a Sunday. I guess it was the chef's night off as I was presented with oven chips. When the soup presented with a dessert spoon I was a little dismayed. On checkout I was asked about my stay but the guy just walked away whilst I tried to tell him. Such a disappointing stay.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, I am disappointed to read your comments and will of course speak to the teams involved.

I hope you will stay with us again in the future, so we can show you a far superior experience.