All reviews superior room leisure facilities sauna and steam room western hotels evening meal self service bar food public areas afternoon tea bridal suite lovely staff last weekend couldn't fault lovely room plenty of parking from start to finish excellent value for money
Reviewed 2 May 2018

What we encountered at this hotel on our stay was awful. From start to finish. The staff was brilliant and the waiter micheal couldnt do enough for us. Our evening meal was awful, our room was lovely as we had a superior room with king size bed but the bed was not a kingsize it was two single beds pushed together which we were falling in between all nith. Woken up at 4 in the morning with noisy neighbour upstairs. Breakfast was nice untill we had hair cooked on our sausages so that was a put off. Over all 4/10 for me.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, I am pleased to read you thought our staff were brilliant especially Mickael, I will pass your comments onto the team.

I am sorry your encounters some issues with your meal, we have spoken to the head chef and informed our butcher about the hair within the your sausage.

Our super king size beds are Zip & Links and we have never had an issue previously with these beds coming apart as the mattresses are linked with a Velcro attachment and the bases are linked with brass hooks. I have spoken to housekeeping to ensure they are linked correctly and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I understand our duty manager spoke with you prior to leaving and made a goodwill gesture in relation to the above.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Heronston for my mother's 50th birthday and we were checked in by an amazing lady I believe her name was Dianne Burgess (sorry if I mis spelt) she went above and beyond to make sure not only mum had a great stay but all of us. We booked a table in the restaurant and she decorated the table with little confetti 50s and much more!! We were speechless!! She is a pleasure to your business!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review, I am pleased to read you were pleased with your stay.

I will pass your comments onto Deanne who will be thrilled.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

The hotel is generally maintained to a good standard and has ample parking. It needs modernising but I understand that this is in the works. The receptionists welcome was lacklustre and rushed and I didn't feel particulary welcomed.
The food was slow to arrive but when it did it was good. The highlight of my trip was the bar service. Lou? was extremely competent and friendly -even when she was rushed off her feet. She is an asset to your team and deserves a big well done. I look forward to returning when Im back in the area.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, I am pleased on the whole you had an enjoyable stay.

I will pass your comments onto Lou who will be thrilled. I will also pass your comments onto our head receptionist.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

This is a friendly hotel with well appointed rooms and an excellent breakfast. The bar has a good atmosphere. I didn't have time to check out the spa or gym. I slept well and there was no noise. I'd return here given the opportunity.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review, I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and would return in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

A stay at this hotel once again confirmed that Best Western hotels in the UK are often not as good as the ones in some other countries.

The location is fine, set slightly off the road, with plenty of parking space, and lots of greenery around. Hotel reception looks fine, and reception staff are very friendly and helpful.

But things get worse when you move further into the building. Furniture in the bar area looked a bit shabby (although I suspect it was just an unfortunate choice of upholstery fabric), and the corridors we passed through to get to our room made a similar impression, with badly stretched carpet and fire doors that could do with a new paint job. Once inside the room, though, we weren't unhappy at all. I've seen reviews from people who visited with dogs and were unhappy with the room they were given, but room 27 was fine. Well furnished, clean, and with everything we needed, including a large wardrobe, an ironing board and an iron. The bathroom could be classed as luxury, we really couldn't fault it, it was very nice.
The hotel offers a lot of services, including a room service breakfast. If we'd had more time, we might have used that, but we didn't.
And of course it's a spa hotel. The receptionist didn't ask us if we wanted to use it, so after having read the information in our room, I had to go back to reception to get a special key card for the spa, and spa towels.
Now, about the spa. Again, not as nice spas in Best Western hotels in some other countries, but on the other hand it was better than another Best Western spa we've seen in Wales. At least here the changing rooms were tidy and well maintained. It's true that the pool isn't very big, but the size was allright if you're not after some Olympic swimming. The sauna and steam room were both excellent, with just the right temperatures and amount of steam - actually, I think they were my favourite part of the facilities.
Overall our experience was positive, but I think management is missing some tricks here - with attention to detail this hotel would make a much better and much more luxury impression on its guests.

Room tip: There are only certain rooms available to dog owners (10 pounds extra).
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank windmillfan
Heronston01, General Manager at Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and the spa facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.