“Sad to say.”

Ranked #26 of 291 Restaurants in Wrexham
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The Chinese Buffet is a dynamic and exciting, modern Chinese restaurant. Launched initially as a single restaurant in Bolton the concept has grown in size and stature into an emerging brand with nationwide aspirations. Peter Wu, Paolo Hu and David Hu created The Chinese Buffet with the clear aim of providing a new style of buffet restaurant, high quality food at low cost to customers. They created an eclectic blend of Chinese food using only the finest and freshest ingredients, prepared and presented to the highest of standards. THE Chinese Buffet believes all their customers should receive the care, attention and quality they would expect from the finest of a la carte restaurant.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Sad to say that the Chinese buffet in Wrexham has gone the same way as the Thai Restaurant Dao Siam,did a few years ago.Two good restuarants now lost to Wrexham.

2  Thank davidnashWrexham

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We have enjoyed many meals here over the past few years and I have top rated this restaurant before, BUT:-

Arrived for a special meal out earlier this evening, only to find the doors locked, the dragon gone from the bottom of the stairs and the place in darkness. Whilst we were trying to look through the blackened windows to see if there were any staff about, another couple arrived at the door and were as suprised as we were.
We could see all the tables laid out, but everything was shut. We arrived at the door at around 7pm, which would normally be a pretty busy time for customers.
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENED?
Is it temporary or closed down for good?
NO NOTICE ON THE DOOR TELLING PEOPLE WHAT WAS GOING ON.

7  Thank restorergirl
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I visited for the first time with my family as we thought it looked nice. Staff were friendly but the food wasn't great. The ladies toilets almost made me gag as they smelt damp and were sticky and dirty with no soap available. I also overheard the staff complaining about other customers while I ate. Very disappointing.

2  Thank lucywillibea
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I was come around 8:30 today . The food was almost finish. Only few things left ,the food is not fresh , the vegetables has already change the colors. The rice was hard. The udon taste not good . Some food has spoilage. they did not top up any more. The staff did not let me know that . Not happy . Also I just send the messages by the phone on the food counter . The staff came to me and said. : “it is not allow take pictures here!” Very rough . Also Why they are afraid me to take the pictures. I think they just do not want people put the pictures on websites. I just travel to here for few days. I am very sad because of this.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We visited the Chinese Buffet on a friday night the restaurant was pretty busy and this time there was plenty of food on offer,my girlfriend will most probably get me to take her again in the future.

Date of visit: May 2018
Gaynor R, Guest Relations Manager at The Chinese Buffet, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we're glad you enjoyed the dishes you tried, we do hope to welcome you again