All reviews peppercorn sauce period character homemade chips breakfast included excellent meal beautiful walk this lovely hotel real ale hotel bar bit dated nice stay climbed snowdon main road night stay groupon deal home made cooked to perfection
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in a family room for October's half term (England's)
Room was exactly as expected , hot shower. Had a meal in the restaurant, Beefstrogonoff with rice and chips fantastic it was , can report rest of family's meals were also fantastic.
Breakfast was cooked English, and all the toast you could eat !
Great location, we stayed here to do the zip wire, Forrest tobogon and the cave bounce and of course the mountain, fantastic central location for all of this. Fantastically beautiful village. Great friendly staff . Shall return !!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CJHumphreys
Deanna D, Owner at Glan Aber Hotel & Bunkhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Hi there,

Many thanks for taking the time to review us and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the food.

We look forward to welcoming you back again,

Reviewed 11 October 2018

The mattress in the room was seriously sagging. There was no extractor or window in the bathroom. They did not really clean the room in the day. The cooked breakfast is with everything, you cannot pick and choose (but they have a vegetarian version which is nice). The parking is very tight on a busy weekend, but luckily there is on-street parking at the back. The restaurant in the evening is great. Nice atmosphere, good meals, good value, and the staff are amazingly friendly and helpful. The location overall is great. Very close to the main mountains and in the centre of the town.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank martinpathan
Deanna D, Owner at Glan Aber Hotel & Bunkhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Hi Martin,

Thanks for taking the time to review us, and we are really glad you enjoyed the food in the restaurant, we work really hard at producing good quality food using local ingredients.

I'm sorry you found the mattress uncomfortable - you don't say which room you were in, but judging by your description I assume the bunkhouse. I will go and check all the mattresses there myself.

Many thanks

Reviewed 5 October 2018

We called in without booking a table and were very pleased. Staff were pleasant and food very good.we returned the following evening and again enjoyed our meals.We will certainly return to the Glan Aber when we next visit Betws y Coed.

1  Thank 184ruthg

Hi Ruth,

We are very glad you enjoyed your food here and hope to see you again soon,

Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Staying just round the corner we booked a table for two for 7.45 after seeing the steak offer outside.

We ordered two cold starters and two steaks.
After over 30 minutes we inquired where our food was as there was only 8 people in the restaurant and didn't appear to be busy.

The steaks were they brought out! NOT the starters!
When we asked where our starters where they seemed surprised and asked if we had not had them yet.
We were then told we would not be charged for the starters ???

My steak was meant to be medium. IT WAS RAW. Not rare but raw.

We paid for my fiancee's steak only and the bottle of wine and left very hungry.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Dave,

I am very sorry for your experience here. It is not the high standard we strive for.

All our food is cooked fresh and to order ad sometimes there can be people eating in our bar or lounge which can cause delays. However, it is obviously not acceptable to get your mains before your starters and your steak not as ordered, so please do get in contact and I'd be happy to offer you some compensation - as usually people love our steak deal which is great value for money.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Visiting for a charity event to climb Snowdon and booked a family room to accommodate 5 people. On arrival their was no booking in our name and the family room booked out to someone else. We were offered two twin rooms to replace this as they did recognise that this was their fault. We were then informed that the price would be 110 pounds for the night. I explained that we were quoted 85 for the family room initially and I felt it unfair that I would be paying more. The manager was called and the situation explained to her. We were then told that she would not be making any change to the price and we were free to go and find another room in another hotel. Very rude and unacceptable as it was late and we had been traveling for 4 hours. We reluctantly paid for the rooms and went upstairs.
On arrival in the rooms we were again horrified. Nowhere in sight was the lovely rooms in the pictures on the website. The rooms were dated with cracks in the paint and yellowing old fashioned furniture. Thick dust was present all around the room and looked like it hadn’t been cleaned for weeks. The carpets were stained and the beds and pillows hard.
Needing to freshen up I used the shower. There was mound and mildew all around it and as I showered the shower tray filled with water. I had to be very quick incase it flowed over the top. After turning it off I decided to lift the plug out compliantly to see if it drained better. What I found at this point was just disgusting. Certainly not been cleaned for months.
The following morning we went downstairs for breakfast to another frosty reception from the manager. The breakfast was fine except it went cold while we made our own toast.
Never been so relieved to leave a hotel ever. I certainly will not be returning and don’t advise anyone else to either. No way worth the money and defiantly not a 3 star hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jay k

Hi Jay,

Thanks for taking the time to review us.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. You had unfortunately booked for the day after you arrived, and so we were not expecting you when you did arrive - we obviously did our best to accommodate you, so I'm sorry this wasn't acceptable. We also did not charge you for the booking you had made for the wrong day, despite it been less than the cancellation period, as it was obviously a genuine mistake. I would urge you to carefully check the confirmation statement next time.

We hope that you will come back and give us another try in the future.