All reviews pizza van the river large site key card peaceful site clean facilities strict rules minute walk great facilities entrance barrier chest freezer stony beach lovely handmade rain and wind pay for wi fi small tent hard standing
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We’ve stayed here several times with our children and without. We are a young couple with 3 young children who are not always quiet but we do tell them to pipe down if their getting carried away as noise on a campsite does carry and might annoy others. I like the no music policy as having young ones we don’t want them waking up or having difficulty getting to sleep because of noise at night, there are rules on the campsite but I feel that these help to maintain the high standards of cleanliness and also the lovely calm so you can really enjoy your beautiful surroundings. Every interaction we’ve had with the owners has been a pleasant one. If your a large group who wants to stay up late listening to music go somewhere else. You may think your having a quiet conversation but noise on campsite carries and it could be that in fact you are preventing other people from getting to sleep after all tents are only cloth! We will come back here again and again the facilities are great (hot powerful showers) immaculate loo’s - friendly helpful owners and beautiful views at every angle! Our kids play outside the tent kicking a ball skipping, playing with the dog just playing really and we’ve never been told off for noise or made to feel unwelcome. Thank you for a lovely family holiday Cae Du!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped at Cae Du for the August bank holiday, we had a lovely weekend at the campsite, the staff were all lovely and friendly, there is strict rules on site but there there for a reason, I agreed with these rules and found our stay very peaceful, unlike some sites! I would defiantly recommend this site and will visit again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2018

We stayed at this wonderful campsite for three nights; Thursday to Sunday last week.

On arrival, we checked in, paid the outstanding balance and paid £10 in cash for our gate smart-card, which was given back to us on check out. The lady who checked us in was very friendly and gave us all the information we needed for our stay, including a map. There is a small but well stocked shop.

We pitched up and walked to the local village, only a 10 minute walk along the river. We had dinner in this village for the three nights we stayed but it's worth noting that they only serve food until about 8:30pm.

The campsite has a no music policy which means it's incredibly peaceful and all the dogs we saw were on leads. The other campers were friendly as well.

Make sure you bring 20p's for the hairdryers and £2 coins for the washing machines. Everything was very clean and tidy. We would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: Great views
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

My partner and I booked to camp very short notice (booked Thur for Friday visit), so I didn't check the TA reviews until after we had booked and paid a deposit. Having seen a few 1 and 2 star reviews recently I was a little unsure what to expect!

On arrival, the man at reception was very friendly and checked us in now problem. We paid the £10 for the barrier card (returned when you five back the card on check out) and were given a map of the site. We chose our location and pitched up with no problems. We didn't encounter any of the staff again until check out - again they were friendly and helpful.

The facilities were clean and the showers warm. I don't camp very often and can be fussy, but found the facilities here perfectly nice and fit for purpose!

I'm unsure what everyone is on about with the rules? Personally I think it is best for everyone if music isn't played loudly, dogs be kept on leads (I took my dog this weekend!) and have quiet after 10pm - it makes for happier campers all round.

It was quite pricey, but I couldn't fault our stay and would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Just got back from weekend at Cae Du camp site. Beautiful surrounding but horrible man who runs it. My daughter dropped my husband off after going for walk and when they went back to car the man in reception was arrogant and rude to them. When we came away we were not allowed our £10 back for barrier key. It wasn’t the £10 we are upset about it was the way the man in reception spoke to my husband. Will not be visiting this site again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple